Has this happened to you (guarantee cabin)

J&Dhighdesert

I have a guarantee cabin on the Nieuw Amsterdam leaving Wednesday, April 26.  Wasn’t to stressed about not getting a cabin up until now.  Driving down to San Diego tomorrow.  Called HAL this morning.  Supervisor said I will be issued a room when I check in.  Has this happened to anyone this close to departure?

Thanks, 

Jo

32 minutes ago, J&Dhighdesert said:

I have a guarantee cabin on the Nieuw Amsterdam leaving Wednesday, April 26.  Wasn’t to stressed about not getting a cabin up until now.  Driving down to San Diego tomorrow.  Called HAL this morning.  Supervisor said I will be issued a room when I check in.  Has this happened to anyone this close to departure?

Thanks, 

Jo

Hi there Jo ...Hope you get a decent cabin. It was nice meeting you on the Koningsdam over New Year.

Steve

Not on HAL but once on Crystal.  Checked right up to embarkation day and no allocation.  It was an overnight stop and I showed up on the second day so there bag checking at the pier.  At the gangway they still had no cabin but they took my bags and sent me to the front desk where I was finally given my assignment.

Roy

15 minutes ago, Giggleypuff said:

Yikes! I’m boarding the ship Sunday and don’t have a room assigned yet either. I wasn’t worried initially cause there’s only 8-10 cabins in the F class but not having an assignment till getting to the pier is just stressful!

You’ll be fine.  Breathe in. Breathe out.  You’re going to have a cabin.  

• Like 2

Our guaranty verandah cabin once got changed right at the check in counter, when she penciled out the cabin number and put in a new one.

I caught my breath because it sure looked like a Neptune suite number to me, and it was. Took a while for our old cabin number tagged luggage already on board, and in room gifts to catch up with us. We certainly did not mind the extra wait.  

That was the old Statendam and it was a transatlantic so we got full benefit from our first, but not our last Neptune. Probably never would have tried them, had we not enjoyed our  guaranty last minute (send?) cabin assignment. 

• Like 4