Why is there no...

Guest 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8

.. floorplan or depiction of the two Q2 suites (Queen Mary Suite/10004 or Queen Elizabeth Suite/10002) for QM2 on the Cunard site?

Were these staterooms added after a refit?

In fact, it's hard to find anything anywhere for these two staterooms, save for a few videos on youtube and a comment here or there on CC.

Just days ago (and before the currect issue with QM2), I booked 10004 for a  transatlantic crossing next year while booking a Q2 aft for another transatlantic crossing in spring 2025.

Trying out this ship and seeing which stateroom is better.

TY

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8
34 minutes ago, NE John said:

Try this site: https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Queen-Mary&deck=10

Q2’s are 10003/4 with a balcony. 10002 is Q3 with no balcony.

I’ve spent far too much time searching for QM2 stuff!!

TY. But, that is not Cunard's website.

The Cunard site seems to have just about every other room floorplan/layout/pictures, but not the Q2 rooms up front. Why wouldn't Cunard clearly depict one of their top rooms?

Was just odd to me. These appear to be nice rooms. I've booked one.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8
26 minutes ago, sfred said:

It's not much, but page 118 of Cunard's recent Aug23-May25 brochure shows layouts for the Q2 suites.  PDF attached here.

Adobe Scan 25 Apr 2023.pdf 736.36 kB · 2 downloads

TY. Appreciate your info.

However, this does not depict 10004 or 10003. Seems odd Cunard doesn't provide details, is why I commented. 

These are single level (not duplex) Q2 staterooms with more than 180 degree views (almost the Captain's view), an elevator, and a fair size balcony. Odd they wouldn't depict them.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Ah, I see what you mean.  Apologies.  The brochure page 118 shows the layout of Q2 aft duplexes, not the forward 10003/04 suites.  Nor does our Australia Cunard website have anything on these suites. 

As far as I know, these forward suites have always been a part of QM2.  I remember Stephen Payne mentioning in an insight lecture that Cunard put him up in one of them during that TA.

I have also wondered this over the years. At one time, a decade or so ago, I found one diagram of their floor plan, but failed to note where I found it. Most likely, it was posted on Cruise Critic by someone with access to better documentation than I had. For what it’s worth, this is the old drawing

QM2 Queen Mary Suite.jpeg

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

I have also wondered this over the years. At one time, a decade or so ago, I found one diagram of their floor plan, but failed to note where I found it. Most likely, it was posted on Cruise Critic by someone with access to better documentation than I had. For what it’s worth, this is the old drawing

Yes, that is it. TY. Going to try this stateroom on one crossing then compare it to an aft Q2 on another crossing. 

How much privacy will you get on the Aft Q2’s balcony?
It seems like everyone on the pool terrace on Deck 8 and even Grills Terrace on 11 can view the comings and goings of those hanging out on the massive aft decks, even the Q1’s. 

Guest 4-2-N-8
12 minutes ago, NE John said:

How much privacy will you get on the Aft Q2’s balcony?
It seems like everyone on the pool terrace on Deck 8 and even Grills Terrace on 11 can view the comings and goings of those hanging out on the massive aft decks, even the Q1’s. 

This is true, but it will give me ample opportunity lord over my aft deck empire and wave to my peoples.

Plus, I get sunrises on a westbound crossing and superb views of the wake. 😄

Edited by 4-2-N-8

2 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Have I misunderstood this or does the bedroom not have any windows?  Eeek.

Guest 4-2-N-8
21 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Have I misunderstood this or does the bedroom not have any windows?  Eeek.

No windows in bedroom, but the bow views from one of the sitting rooms when under way look awesome. I prefer pitch black bedroom for sleep.

Plus, a good size balcony that will be facing south on my westbound crossing. Near 270 degree views from that stateroom.

Also, no people/all ocean and no smoking section anywhere near the stateroom.

There are a few videos of this room, and the one on starboard side that are very good.

Six months after I'm in this room, I'm still going to try an aft Q2 stateroom on another westbound crossing to compare.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8
12 minutes ago, D&N said:

@4-2-N-8, @NE John

Remember to wave to the folk on the nearby hillsides at port calls as well!

This was taken at x21 zoom of x40, could have gone a bit closer.

P1040855.thumb.JPG.2786fff7f31c48c95c396ef527ed6760.JPG

I shall wave to any and all.

I am an equal opportunity waver.

6 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

Looks like one neat feature is the card controlled access from the 'scenic lifts'

That's what made me remember these suites from the Stephen Payne insight lecture.  During the Q&A someone asked him what he would change about QM2 if he could do it all over again.  One of the things he mentioned was that he would remove the scenic lift access to the suites.  Apparently rather often. passengers going to deck 11 mistakenly try to follow a Q2 resident into their deck 10 suite.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I believe one or both of the sofas will convert to a bed so you can choose either of the two sitting areas to convert to a bedroom at night if it is essential your bedroom have a window.

If it were me, I might have to do something like that, but I would want the bed moved. After all a sofa bed is always a sofa bed, whereas Cunard’s actual beds are supremely comfortable. For the price paid, I’m sure they’d oblige.