Magic to Do production show on the Ruby Princess

startedwithamouse

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

It's our least favorite show. The Cirque du Soleil is outdated and some of the show elements are just plain creepy. 

We've seen all the new shows so many times that we don't even go any more. A return to the older ones would be nice for a change.

We saw "Sweet Soul Music" on the Royal this week.  Is it one of the classic shows? It was much simpler than most I've seen lately.  I enjoyed the live orchestra providing the music. 

We saw this show on our recent Panama Canal Cruise on the Ruby Princess that left Galveston on April 14.

Have to say, it was not enjoyable and we would not see it again.

The big problem (besides no real story line) was that the pre-recorded accompaniment was so loud that it was impossible to hear the words of the songs.

Perhaps this will be eventually fixed.

• Like 1

Is this the horrendous “magic” show that was worse than bad and had “spurting blood” (in silhouette)  prior to editing.  We find this show terrible with or without. 

if it’s not the show… it was bad anyway. 

56 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Is this the horrendous “magic” show that was worse than bad and had “spurting blood” (in silhouette)  prior to editing.  We find this show terrible with or without. 

Yes, that's the one..

I remember an actual magician (with a dog) on the Ruby about 6 years ago.  I don't think there were any gross scenes.  In fact, he did a show just for the kids club.  Do any ships still have these performers?

Edited by theloo

2 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Yes, that was the gross scene I referred to earlier which they took out.

Magic to Do is my favorite Princess show of all time. Unfortunately, the title confuses people into thinking it’s a “magic show”, which it’s decidedly not. It’s named for the song from Pippin, and has to do with the magic of life, not magic tricks. I love that it has a plot, and is jam packed full of Stephen Schwartz classic songs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1