Dance Floors?

Morrey

Depending on the ship, and it varies quite a bit, the live music you will have could be:

-BB Kings Band which is older Motown and Top 40's type music. They have always been really good on my cruises.  There is a dance floor with dancing but not ballroom style or music. Often quite lively!

-Sometimes there is DJ music after they are finished for the evening where the BB King Band plays. 

-There may be a live band in some of the Ocean Bars with a small dance floor (maybe wood).  In my experience they seem to play more easy listening and jazz type music but people do dance to them. 

-No dance hosts anymore.

-Sometimes now there are classical shows.  No dancing there.

I read in your profile that you like the old Crystal Cruises.  So do I.  I'm watching to see what the new Crystal offers. I'm hoping for some interesting and even better offerings from them!  We'll see!

~Nancy

I no longer go on HAL, even with a dance group (not just because of the floors). The group organiser has also sworn off HAL (not just because of dance floors). The travel agent who booked the group, who personally likes HAL but knows what we want, says as far as he can see, HAL is moving away from dancing and has been carpeting over dance floors and that I wouldn't like the present situation.

We just got off the Nieuw Statendam Transatlantic.  There was dancing on wood floors in the Ocean Bar to a live ship band, Rolling Stone Rock Room - live, BB Kings live, and Billboard - piano due (not sure if it was wood in Billboard). Plenty of chances for dancing.  BB Kings also had Latin dance parties too.  Such a lively group at the Latin times.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

Currently on Eurodam and I have seen that some days they have had DJ ballroom dancing for an hour or so in  the BB King Lounge. Have not attended so can’t add anything more. It’s been early evening before regular performances begin.

I am currently on the Volendam. I frequent the Ocean Bar and there is live music, 3 piece: piano, guitar, drums, and a dance floor. Lots of people dancing. Times are listed in the Daily program. Good music in my opinion. There are other options but I haven’t been to them. 

Here is the list from the program. 

CFBE6468-2474-414B-A708-1F92556ADECB.thumb.jpeg.a286ee0e2e553f955de0aaca898d80e4.jpeg

• Like 1