Weather in Feb/March Queensland & NZ

Yehootu

Want to plan a trip on these 2 itineraries that would be Feb22-March19 in 2025. Princess has decided to move our go to cabin to guarantee only so we will be booking a cabin with a fully uncovered balcony. Just wondering what to expect, I know weather can change, just looking for basics.

Mahalo

Queensland is a VERY big state of Australia, roughly 2.5 times Texas.

https://mapfight.xyz/map/queensland/

It goes from tropical to sub tropical to temperate in climate.

Down south it may just be very hot while up north there may be cyclones as well as hot in Feb/March.

Our Bureau of Meteorology is a good place to see historical readings. http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/observations/index.shtml

As to NZ, it is a long country which although not tropical will be warm. South Island may be fairly cool, especially at night and you may wish to do an excursion on a glacier

Edited by yarramar

If your cruise includes the scenic cruising through Fiordland it can be surprising cool during the morning - a warm jacket, hat, gloves and scarf might be needed if you are out on deck - and that is the best place to be. By mid afternoon it can get quite pleasant especially if you're doing Milford Sound last when the ship pauses for a while at the head of the fiord.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

If your cruise includes the scenic cruising through Fiordland it can be surprising cool during the morning - a warm jacket, hat, gloves and scarf might be needed if you are out on deck - and that is the best place to be. By mid afternoon it can get quite pleasant especially if you're doing Milford Sound last when the ship pauses for a while at the head of the fiord.

Agree.  I've seen passengers wrapped in blankets!  i always take a merino neck warmer which I can pull over my nose in the cold wind.  

We thought about it and booked 10day Queensland B2B w/30day NZ/South Pacific to Vancouver. We start March 31st. Biggest bummer is we don't do Fiordland best payoff is only 1 LONG leg to Syd.

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

We thought about it and booked 10day Queensland B2B w/30day NZ/South Pacific to Vancouver. We start March 31st. Biggest bummer is we don't do Fiordland best payoff is only 1 LONG leg to Syd.

How exciting. Bon Voyage!

• 2 months later...