Soft drinks in the mini fridge

zorb22

We'll be sailing on the Regatta soon, for our first cruise since Covid hit. I know the mini fridges are stocked with soft drinks, but we don't drink them other than occasionally using tonic water or ginger ale as a mixer. We're getting the premium drink package and won't be bringing any alcohol. Is there anything else that we could request to be stocked in place of carbonated soft drinks--like canned/bottled juice, tea, coffee, etc.? It doesn't really matter if not, but I was just curious if anyone had any experience with that. 

7 hours ago, schmerl said:

Yes. If you have a TA, have them contact Oceania and give them your requests. We didn't have a TA so I just called and emailed customer service and made my requests. 

Just remember that Oceania wants at least six weeks prior notice for special requests. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

A friend of ours asked for the same beverage that was available in the spa and gym. Her steward did so.

Thanks - we'll do that! 

As for requesting something through our TA (not enough time for that anyway), we'd have to know WHAT to request, and that's the issue. 

Work with your TA anyway, he/she is the key because O phone staff are supposed to direct you back to them. Even if you don’t have 6 weeks, ask anyway. They will update your file accordingly.  Ask for whatever you want. The Passenger Decks are on a Coke contract but the Staff Store can get anything available in the ports so your Butler/Stewards will stock your refrigerator from their Store. It does make a difference if you are in Ports and countries that have the kind of drinks you want. You may not get it but you can always ask.
Mauibabes 

7 hours ago, zorb22 said:

Thanks - we'll do that! 

As for requesting something through our TA (not enough time for that anyway), we'd have to know WHAT to request, and that's the issue. 

For future reference, if there is enough advance notice, what would YOU want to request?

That is what you should request!

🙂

If they can arrange it, they will.

It worked for us, for both a soft drink and a bottled water.

(We gave them plenty of time, and also double checked that they still had the request, still with plenty of time to go.)

GC

7 hours ago, zorb22 said:

Thanks - we'll do that! 

I think they may stock cans of Ice tea   like Nestea

usually they have Coca Cola products   so if what you are looking for  is made my them  Oceania may have it in stock  onboard

Just  ask your TA or O rep to request it 

You can ask again once onboard

2 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

For future reference, if there is enough advance notice, what would YOU want to request?

That is what you should request!

🙂

If they can arrange it, they will.

It worked for us, for both a soft drink and a bottled water.

(We gave them plenty of time, and also double checked that they still had the request, still with plenty of time to go.)

GC

Probably all I'd request would be unsweetened tea. But my husband might want a sports drink or juice or something. Most likely we won't be drinking much from the minibar anyway, no matter what's in it, so I'm not worried about it. 

9 hours ago, zorb22 said:

Probably all I'd request would be unsweetened tea. But my husband might want a sports drink or juice or something. Most likely we won't be drinking much from the minibar anyway, no matter what's in it, so I'm not worried about it. 

You can ask your room steward  if they can get  the items  you want

The gym had sports drinks  so check it out as well

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You can ask your room steward  if they can get  the items  you want

The gym had sports drinks  so check it out as well

Yes, that's what I plan to do. We'll see what's in the gym in case there's something DH wants, and I'll also ask if there's unsweetened tea. After this trip we'll have a better idea of what to request in the future. Thanks.

One quirk in our experience is a reluctance to stock club soda.  We’ve ask for it on each of our 3 sailings since the restart with varying levels of success.  It seems the powers that be have instructed stewards and butlers to push the bubbly Varo water which would be fine if the bottles actually sealed to trap the gas, but they don’t.  On one sailing our request was politely but quite firmly refused.  The solution was obvious, we pulled a few from the self service tray set up in the lounge for lectures.  On the other two sailing the crew acquiesced after we had stocked up a six pack or so.  An unnecessary frustration.

13 minutes ago, jondfk said:

One quirk in our experience is a reluctance to stock club soda.  We’ve ask for it on each of our 3 sailings since the restart with varying levels of success.  It seems the powers that be have instructed stewards and butlers to push the bubbly Varo water which would be fine if the bottles actually sealed to trap the gas, but they don’t.  On one sailing our request was politely but quite firmly refused.  The solution was obvious, we pulled a few from the self service tray set up in the lounge for lectures.  On the other two sailing the crew acquiesced after we had stocked up a six pack or so.  An unnecessary frustration.

Could  it have been a supply issue ?

They wanted to keep Club soda stocked in the bars   first ?

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Could  it have been a supply issue ?

They wanted to keep Club soda stocked in the bars   first ?

Perhaps, but the sales pitch for Varo was pretty strong and there was never a word of shortage mentioned.  There was no reluctance to say that word with regard to Diet Coke for example (we were asked to conserve that until reaching Honolulu).

Edited by jondfk
  • Thanks 1