Where can I fill my ice bucket

19 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Right or wrong, this is my favorite Diamond perk next to the drink vouchers

Same here but as both lounge machines were broken, no joy.  The DL machine would not heat the milk at all so cold milk was going into all the lattes/cappuccinos.  They kept cleaning the machines but still no joy.  We don't go into the DL anymore except for coffee and maybe to see what bites they have.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Right or wrong, this is my favorite Diamond perk next to the drink vouchers

Same here but as both lounge machines were broken, no joy.  The DL machine would not heat the milk at all so cold milk was going into all the lattes/cappuccinos.  They kept cleaning the machines but still no joy.  We don't go into the DL anymore except for coffee and maybe to see what bites they have.

16 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We don't go into the DL anymore except for coffee and maybe to see what bites they have.

Same here. As a frugal cruiser, I have to check out all included food options, lol.

We also enjoyed going back to the Indy DL after mostly Oasis-class for several years since the DL is still in the Crown and has that outdoor area. Unfortunately, the snacks were terrible, nothing like what we're used to (had great snacks in the SL on Harmony last May)... but there's always cheese and crackers.

19 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Wow! cold milk. Took my first cruise on Royal in March. No ice bucket and waited until early evening for my luggage until someone mentioned a bunch of bags were halfway down the hall. 

🤣

You would think that someone on the crew would be tasked with looking for things like this.  Maybe even the person managing the people that are supposed to bring the luggage to your room.  Don't the luggage tags have cabin numbers on them?  

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

You would think that someone on the crew would be tasked with looking for things like this.  Maybe even the person managing the people that are supposed to bring the luggage to your room.  Don't the luggage tags have cabin numbers on them?  

Yes, my bag had the tag on it that showed my cabin number. There were at least a dozen bags for different rooms all sitting in this one spot. This was about 10 rooms down the hall from my cabin. First time on Royal so didn't know what to expect. All my other cruises my bagged showed up in my room or just in front of the door.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Wow! cold milk. Took my first cruise on Royal in March. No ice bucket and waited until early evening for my luggage until someone mentioned a bunch of bags were halfway down the hall. 

🤣

You have to ask for an ice bucket. They used to put them in all the cabins but I think with Covid now they are only by request.

57 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Yes, my bag had the tag on it that showed my cabin number. There were at least a dozen bags for different rooms all sitting in this one spot. This was about 10 rooms down the hall from my cabin. First time on Royal so didn't know what to expect. All my other cruises my bagged showed up in my room or just in front of the door.

They should be delivered to your door. That said, the crew members who deliver them usually have a spot (near the crew elevator that brings up the luggage I assume) where the luggage is collected before the delivery.

Not that you're supposed to, but some guests may or may not go find this spot and grab their own suitcases to expedite things. Our justification is that we're saving a crew member some work and getting to unpack sooner (our preference) so it's a win-win.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 9:03 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

That is strange,

I asked the cabin attendant to fill the ice bucket at every cleaning, and it has never been denied or not done   Filling the ice bucket is certainly not any type of unusual request and is almost routine

by the way, Ice is not normally provided in any type of accommodation. You simply asked your cabin attendant.

m

On 4/28/2023 at 9:31 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Same experience here. We always do this, usually in an interior so not like we get extra special treatment, never had an issue.

I believe the concern and the question at

hand is, now every cleaning is just once a day. (Unless in a suite)

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I believe the concern and the question at

hand is, now every cleaning is just once a day. (Unless in a suite)

I'm not sure I understand the point of your post.

Edited by OCSC Mike

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

They should be delivered to your door. That said, the crew members who deliver them usually have a spot (near the crew elevator that brings up the luggage I assume) where the luggage is collected before the delivery.

Not that you're supposed to, but some guests may or may not go find this spot and grab their own suitcases to expedite things. Our justification is that we're saving a crew member some work and getting to unpack sooner (our preference) so it's a win-win.

The collection of bags down the hall I passed a couple of times and didn't pay any attention guessing my bag might have been one of them.  It was after sail away that I was still looking for my bag when I startled a women walking past my door. I apologized and said I was just looking for my bag. She mentioned all the bags down the hall. I walked down there and found my bag. I agree that if I knew my bag was there, I could have unpacked much sooner.

55 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Folks are accustomed to having their ice bucket filled twice a day; now the attendant only services the room once a day. People

are inquiring as to where they can get that second bucket filled. 

Why do you think I was unaware of that? I was one of the first to answer that question. See post #3.

Edited by OCSC Mike

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Why do you think I was unaware of that? I was one of the first to answer that question. See post #3.

I have no desire to get into this with you.

Post number three you talked about a QR code, that is not available on all ships.

The post of yours that I quoted initially was you agreeing with someone about ice buckets being filled at each cleaning. That does not cover with the original poster is concerned about.

Perhaps you should go back to bed and maybe next time get up on the right side?

Have a good Sunday. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, KelJ said:

We always take a small cooler and ask the room steward to fill it daily with ice, as well as filling the ice bucket.

You travel with a cooler.   Seem inconvenient.    

just ask for an extra ice bucket. And leave them both inside the cooler in the room and you’ll have Ive a few days.     

19 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

just ask for an extra ice bucket. And leave them both inside the cooler in the room and you’ll have Ive a few days.     

It's not inconvenient at all.  It fits in my suitcase, and I pack stuff inside of it.  It's great for wine bottles, and most of the ice is still there the next morning.  It's also great for taking drinks out on the balcony.

If I purchase breakable stuff while we're on vacation, I pack the items inside the cooler and then put the cooler in my suitcase for the trip home. 

Edit to add:  We used to travel with our yellow RCCL cooler bag that you could get with buckets of beer, but that cooler doesn't completely close and it sweats a lot.

The one we travel with kind of looks like this, but mine is shorter:

Ozark Trail - Cooler - Premium 24 Can Portable gray Cooler | Carry Strap And

Edited by KelJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise5life said:

I haven't been on a cruise yet, but we do sometimes travel with a small electric cooler.   Ours is smaller than that and also warms.   It looks like a tiny fridge.   The nice thing when driving is that we can plug it into the car and not mess with ice for daughter's medicine.  

On 4/27/2023 at 6:55 PM, OCSC Mike said:

You can also now request things (like more ice) online by scanning a QR code in your cabin (or there may be a link in the app). From what I have read, most requests are fulfilled in 30-60 minutes, either by your cabin attendant or another attendant.

This sounds like a great concept but wondering if you then have to wait for it (or any other requests) to arrive or are they put in your cabin?

19 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

This sounds like a great concept but wondering if you then have to wait for it (or any other requests) to arrive or are they put in your cabin?

Someone who has sailed recently and used it should chime in but I can’t imagine you’d have to wait for something like ice or towels. When you ask your cabin attendant for something they will just drop it off… same thing.

• Like 1