Do you really need show reservations ?

Shippy

Sailing next month.

The schedules for everything are already loaded on my app.

There is a place to "bookmark" things you want to do. It keeps track of the number of people so I assume that is really a reservation.

We always want the early show...but do you really need to reserve ?

thanks

Sounds like just a reminder of things you want to do.  As far as I know there are no show reservations.   Only reserved seats I have heard of are for Suite guests

Just show up at least a half hour early to pick your seats. 

Reserved seats are not for Suite folk..only those with Premier Beverage packages…and only for production shows.  I have heard that sky suite passengers can reserve seats.  

Bookmarking is another one of those marketing, useless, functions of the app.  Does nothing…zero help to the passenger.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The reservation on the ap is nothing official. It just marks your calendar. 

The seats in the theater are only reserved for the big production shows, not all entertainment.  Those seats are reserved for the top level plus plan (and maybe suites).  On the Ruby, they are on the lower level (close to the stage) but for 3 rows near the back of that level.  (If there are 10 rows, the reserved rows are 6,7 & 8.  They are reserved only until about 5 minutes before the show, so for busy shows there is a dash of people (usually larger families) filling the empty ones as the staff removes the seat covers. 

IF you go there about 20 minutes before show time, you should be able to find seats available, but maybe not in the primest of prime locations.  If you are there about 30 minutes early, you can usually find the best seats, unless the ship is at capacity, and it may require a slightly earlier trip. 

Remember, that there are 2 show times for the production shows, so you may find that the second show may be less crowded (but no guarantee).  We are on the Ruby today (for a repositioning trip) and the ship is only 2/3rds full, but we tried to get a seat close to show time and we could not find a seat before the lights went down.  However, the second show had a lot of great seats available (so this crowd may be the early to bed, early to rise sorts).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shows do not have reservations.

The bookmark on the app is just that, a bookmark to tell you - and then - you may make it. You're not reserving a space.

The only reserved seats are for production shows, and only for Premier Cruise Package purchasers - and those seats are released approximately 10 minutes or so (give or take) before showtime 

Cabin class or Captain's Circle status doe not play into reserved seats - yet. 

No, nothing you bookmark on the app reserves it... 

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Bookmarking is another one of those marketing, useless, functions of the app.  Does nothing…zero help to the passenger.  

Bookmarking is useful to me, even though it doesn't do what some might think it ought to do.  It separates the events that are of interest to me for later review - either in the general calendar or filtered by only events that I had previously bookmarked.  In addition, sometimes events get changed, and it's a little easier to follow along if it's bookmarked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Bookmarking is useful to me, even though it doesn't do what some might think it ought to do.  It separates the events that are of interest to me for later review - either in the general calendar or filtered by only events that I had previously bookmarked.  In addition, sometimes events get changed, and it's a little easier to follow along if it's bookmarked.

That makes sense. I’m sure you’re not the only one doing that.  I can’t see the bookmarks having value for Princess.  They would have difficulty correlating bookmarks to actual attendance.  I bookmarked a whole lot of events I didn’t attend last cruise.  And attended a number I did not bookmark.  Looking back, I don’t think more than 10-20% of passengers indicated they would attend any given event. It was notable that no one bookmarked the art auctions though.

Edited by BamaVol

40 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I can’t see the bookmarks having value for Princess.  They would have difficulty correlating bookmarks to actual attendance.  I bookmarked a whole lot of events I didn’t attend last cruise.  And attended a number I did not bookmark.  Looking back, I don’t think more than 10-20% of passengers indicated they would attend any given event. It was notable that no one bookmarked the art auctions though.

The way it's done now, it probably doesn't have much value for them - though if an event shows high interest long before the sailing, it is perhaps an indication that they should move it to a larger venue, if possible.  And it would be easy enough for them to change the "bookmark" feature to an actual reservation.  If the pandemic had turned a different way, Princess might have gone for this.  There's still some chance they may have reservations for certain venues and/or events in the future - like some of their competition.

11 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I would pay to reserve my favorite table at Crooners at 7 every night. If I only could. 

In the morning just drop off a pool towel, and old paperback, and a pair of flip flops and that should hold it for you. 🤣

Works on the Melanoma Deck, so why not elsewhere?   The buffet?  The theater?  Atrium near the IC?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

In the morning just drop off a pool towel, and old paperback, and a pair of flip flops and that should hold it for you. 🤣

Works on the Melanoma Deck, so why not elsewhere?   The buffet?  The theater?  Atrium near the IC?

I didn't go to any shows in the theater on my last Sky cruise, so I don't know what happens there. Are you saying folks don't clip towels to chairs in the showroom to hold them for hours later? I wonder why not?

• Haha 1

You can't bookmark events that are showing as "reached full capacity". While this doesn't actually prevent you from physically attending, it's still quite annoying, especially if it's something you fancy attending and may be likely to forget about one you've already had a few cocktails!

• Like 2