Parking at Royal Caribbean Cruiseport, Galveston

Reina del Mar

Here’s a map of The Port’s Pier 10 parking lots.  North lot is the closest.  There is also a covered area - North lot Premium parking.  It is literally steps away from the terminal. 

You can reserve your parking online at Portofgalveston.com

7952E5E9-AC0E-42B2-8E47-84CA259337FC.png

54 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thank you.

Any suggestions which lot for a ‘mature’ couple with far too many bags, please ??

North lot at Pier 10.  Drive up to terminal and drop the bags with a porter (they came up to the cars when I had my last cruise) and then circle to enter North lot.    You can park all the way up until the covered parking.  (Didn’t know if you wanted to pay extra for premium covered parking for a rental car). 

Real easy and convenient parking at Terminal 10 North Lot. 

Hope you enjoy your stay in Texas, and your cruise out of Galveston 

P.S.  reserve and prepay on the Port’s website, and you are emailed the reservation with a QR code.  Use it to enter the lot.   

Edited by ocean sounds

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thank you.

Any suggestions which lot for a ‘mature’ couple with far too many bags, please ??

North Lot is closest, and there's porters everywhere once you get to the pickup/dropoff area. It was so easy that we were honestly wondering if we'd accidentally left our bags with some kind of bag thief that afternoon. 🤣It was a cold morning and all the porters were wearing sweaters over their uniforms.

Also, from what I've seen, a lot of hotels and motels in the area offer cruise parking and dropoff/pickup. So if you need to be taken right up to the terminal, that might work.

Either way you should have no issue getting help with your bags.

Edited by PolicromaSol
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

Many thanks. 

We have a hotel with parking at the moment but I have read recently that taxis are difficult in Galveston these days. It’s booked on a fully refundable basis so we can cancel if necessary…and get a cheaper hotel !

You can use uber or lyft to the terminal from the hotel which is what I do. I know uber isnt official at the port until may 1st but I have been already using it.

We parked last week in lot 10 for the first time.  It was very easy.  I dropped the wife and bags off at the drop off area and parked.  However, when we came back Thursday it was pouring rain.  That meant that we both had to roll our bags out the exit door of the terminal, around the building to the covered area in front of the terminal where I had dropped her off.  Not a big deal but I did learn that there are areas of the parking lot that hold 3 inches of water.  As I walked to my truck I got my shoes and pants legs very wet.  I probably could have just gone around the standing water but I wasn’t paying attention and it was raining pretty hard.  Once I got in the truck I just pulled around and picked the wife up without a problem.  We went straight to Katie’s fresh seafood and got 3 lbs. of fresh shrimp to take home.  Yes, bring an empty ice chest.  

We have reserved North Lot at Terminal 10, Voyager of the Seas.  We tend to pack light and self-disembark.  We have always used the porters and waited for our bags.  With light luggage and parking in North Lot, can I skip the porters and handle our bags ourselves on embarkation also?  Rooms will probably be ready by the time we embark.  We could get started unpacking quicker.

16 minutes ago, cruising1117 said:

Does anyone know if there are any discounts and if so what is the promo code please?  Thanks so much

I was not able to find a discount code that worked.

7 hours ago, markpark said:

I was not able to find a discount code that worked.

Thank you  for trying.  I had another reply on a different post that said they offer a $5 discount for signing up for their loyalty program and in April they had a code on Facebook.  Checking there next.   Thanks neighbor!

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 1:49 PM, markpark said:

We have reserved North Lot at Terminal 10, Voyager of the Seas.  We tend to pack light and self-disembark.  We have always used the porters and waited for our bags.  With light luggage and parking in North Lot, can I skip the porters and handle our bags ourselves on embarkation also?  Rooms will probably be ready by the time we embark.  We could get started unpacking quicker.

Yes, you can carry your bags on if you want.  Depending on your boarding time, you might consider how important unpacking early is compared to the inconvenience of toting the bags around and finding a place for them if you decide to eat or sit by the pool.  Not for us but to each their own. 

• Thanks 1

Not the same location and I’m not sure there is very much, if any, terminal parking down there.  Before the new RC terminal and associated parking they docked right next to where Carnival still does.  We always used Falstaff Cruise Parking. 

https://falstaffcruiseparking.com

Indoor and the shuttles are fairly prompt.  My only real complaint was the dusty floors inside the garage.  Theres a lot of street construction all around them and it’s very dusty.  The wheels on our suitcases were always filthy when we got home.  But still our favorite place to park other than the new RC lots.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 7:03 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

Not the same location and I’m not sure there is very much, if any, terminal parking down there.  Before the new RC terminal and associated parking they docked right next to where Carnival still does.  We always used Falstaff Cruise Parking. 

https://falstaffcruiseparking.com

Indoor and the shuttles are fairly prompt.  My only real complaint was the dusty floors inside the garage.  Theres a lot of street construction all around them and it’s very dusty.  The wheels on our suitcases were always filthy when we got home.  But still our favorite place to park other than the new RC lots.

No more construction

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

I hope they make an effort to clean things up some.  It’s really a pretty nice facility for parking other than the dirt.

The road construction is nearly done and HOPEFULLY, they'll be able to sweep up soon. AGREE that the amount of Galveston we bring home every trip is a bit much. Still my favorite vendor.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 1:33 PM, cruising1117 said:

Does anyone know if there are any discounts and if so what is the promo code please?  Thanks so much

Too late for me but I got this announcement today from the Port of Galveston:

"Save $10 on a reservation at ANY Port of Galveston cruise parking lot using promo code SUMMER23. Discount code good through June 30 on any future reservation."

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked North lot for our November 2023 cruise and didn't see any options for North Lot premium or the VIP lot. Are those booked full through April (yes I tried every sailing from Nov through Apr)? Or, is there some other trick to getting access to those lots? I'm not thrilled about leaving my car uncovered.

On 6/1/2023 at 5:17 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

I hope they make an effort to clean things up some.  It’s really a pretty nice facility for parking other than the dirt.

Around Falstaff it is cleaned up 

• 2 weeks later...