Vaccine proof for Alaska cruise leaving from Vancouver

Clovis8

46 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Are you American or Canadian? Your signature shows Washington, aka USA, not Canada. The rules are different for Canadians.

We are the next door neighbor to British Columbia. How strange that Canada would require it for their own but not some others, like us.

2 minutes ago, nini said:

We are the next door neighbor to British Columbia. How strange that Canada would require it for their own but not some others, like us

It is not Canada requiring it for US citizens (or Canadian citizens), it is the US requiring it of Canadians. Canada is not requiring it of their own or US citizens. 

Edited by RedIguana
clarity
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

It is not Canada requiring it for US citizens, it is the US requiring it of Canadians.

??? But, Vancouver is not in the jurisdiction of the US.

Maybe the planet will become more sane after 5/11/23

52 minutes ago, nini said:

Maybe the planet will become more sane after 5/11/23

True, but I believe you “enter” the US as soon as you go through customs before embarking at the cruise terminal, and therefore subject to US rules. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, nini said:

Vancouver is not, but Alaska is. It is not the departing Vancouver that is the issue, it is the US ports. When a cruise departs, they have to consider the entry requirements of every country on the itinerary, not just the departure port.

“Boarding

Passengers boarding a cruise ship at the Canada Place cruise terminal are encouraged to check travel documents before arriving at the cruise terminal to avoid unnecessary waiting. All passengers embarking in Vancouver will go through screening and U.S. Customs and Border Protection as you are considered to be entering U.S. jurisdiction upon boarding the cruise ship. Please visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website for more information and required travel documents”

this comes from www.portvancouver.com

• Like 2

But the vaccination was not required to enter US. The point of this recent discussion was why Canadians had to be vaccinated/ test to enter their own country. Yes, Alaska is in US but it was not required.

I am a Canadian and sailing in May out of Vancouver, now my cruise is round trip Vancouver so not sure if that affects the answer. However here is the cruise health tool results for my cruise, which clearly state NO vaccine required. I hope this helps ease your concerns.

83625C25-FFC9-47AF-9622-324C795D70E5.jpeg

10 hours ago, szizo said:

I am a Canadian and sailing in May out of Vancouver, now my cruise is round trip Vancouver so not sure if that affects the answer. However here is the cruise health tool results for my cruise, which clearly state NO vaccine required. I hope this helps ease your concerns.

83625C25-FFC9-47AF-9622-324C795D70E5.jpeg

Read the last sentence:-

Note that guests who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to enter the United States by cruise or by air travel. These U.S. entry requirements are separate from our cruise protocols.

11 hours ago, nini said:

But the vaccination was not required to enter US. The point of this recent discussion was why Canadians had to be vaccinated/ test to enter their own country. Yes, Alaska is in US but it was not required.

TRAVEL ALERT: Beginning on January 22, 2022, DHS will require non-U.S. individuals seeking to enter the United States via land ports of entry and ferry terminals at the U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada borders to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide related proof of vaccination, as COVID-19 cases continue to rise nationwide.

These new restrictions will apply to non-U.S. individuals who are traveling for both essential and non-essential reasons. They will not apply to U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents, or U.S. nationals.

This requirement as of this point has not been lifted. It might be lifted come May 11th when the Covid emergency is "declared" over.

Vaccinations for US citizens are not required for land travel to enter the US or Canada. Therefor @nini, any travel experiences you have had are not the same as for a Canadian citizen. A  US citizen can enter Canada, leave Vancouver to visit US ports (Alaska), and reenter Canada (Vancouver), without vaccinations. A Canadian cannot enter the US (Alaska) without being vaccinated, even leaving and returning from their own country (Vancouver), as they are entering the US. 

I don't think they have even made an exception for truck drivers coming into the US from Canada yet.

In spite of what info you find online both from cdc, princess and airlines, as Canadians we flew into US FLL 2 weeks ago and were NOT required to show proof of vaccination. I had printed and digital QR codes ready to show when asked. We never were asked.

When I checked in for our flights online 24 hrs ahead of flight I did have to click ‘I accept/ I understand’ after reading a long health protocol that I believe listed the need/benefits of vaccination. 

to be honest it was late at nite and I didn’t save the long doc as I assumed it was giving heads up that I would need to provide proof before entry to US.

maybe it was a glitch at border entry or maybe it’s the honor system now?

In a fraction of the time and effort to find and read all the conflicting info she could have already gotten the shot with less hassle and also provide her and others with protection as covid is still out there.

5 hours ago, RedIguana said:

TRAVEL ALERT: Beginning on January 22, 2022, DHS will require non-U.S. individuals seeking to enter the United States via land ports of entry and ferry terminals at the U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada borders to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide related proof of vaccination, as COVID-19 cases continue to rise nationwide.

These new restrictions will apply to non-U.S. individuals who are traveling for both essential and non-essential reasons. They will not apply to U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents, or U.S. nationals.

This requirement as of this point has not been lifted. It might be lifted come May 11th when the Covid emergency is "declared" over.

Vaccinations for US citizens are not required for land travel to enter the US or Canada. Therefor @nini, any travel experiences you have had are not the same as for a Canadian citizen. A  US citizen can enter Canada, leave Vancouver to visit US ports (Alaska), and reenter Canada (Vancouver), without vaccinations. A Canadian cannot enter the US (Alaska) without being vaccinated, even leaving and returning from their own country (Vancouver), as they are entering the US. 

I don't think they have even made an exception for truck drivers coming into the US from Canada yet.

I understand your points. My original statements were regarding DH and myself NOT needing to be vaccinated nor test to enter and board in Canada last September.

Believe it or not, I understand the difference between a US citizen and a Canadian citizen.

7 minutes ago, nini said:

I do not need to. I have read this entire thread. I am just responding to the OP.

The “Cruise Health Tools” is missing one statement which is These U.S. entry requirements are separate from our cruise protocols.

This has created confusion among some readers. 

Edited by DHP1