Dining options not available

JerseyShore

14 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

working okay from the UK.

PS... I don't think that your "Elite status" makes a difference.

Elite and Platinum have early access to dining reservations so yes that added information was helpful. 

Just now, chicgotgame said:

Elite and Platinum have early access to dining reservations so yes that added information was helpful. 

Thank you for the correction.
So how early?
I sail in June and booked last Sept and booked MDR and Speciality as soon as had confirmation and months before the final payment due.

I have already booked one night...now trying to book for the rest of the cruise and I keep  getting  "Sorry...we could not find any reservations at this time"   That is impossible with all the dining restaurants onboard   I have tied every single night of our cruise   

Has anyone else ever received this message?

1 minute ago, JerseyShore said:

I have already booked one night...now trying to book for the rest of the cruise and I keep  getting  "Sorry...we could not find any reservations at this time"   That is impossible with all the dining restaurants onboard   I have tied every single night of our cruise   

What time are you trying to book? As you say, it does seem odd....have you tried other times on the same days?

27 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:
  • Most guests will be able to access once your cruise is paid in full.
  • Early access for Captain's Circle Platinum and Elite members as well as guests booked in Reserve Collection and Suites.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/dine-my-way/

Why would suites and reserve mini need reservations when they have walk up access to club class dining area

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, memoak said:

Why would suites and reserve mini need reservations when they have walk up access to club class dining area

Wouldn't that be for specialty venue reservations?

• Like 1

Just now, Sea Hag said:

Wouldn't that be for specialty venue reservations?

In a full suite you are guaranteed a specialty dinner on embarkation night no need to make a reservation. Last month they actually called me once I embarked to ask where and when we wanted to eat. E have never ever had a problem getting into a specialty restaurant at any time   They are almost never full up, they don’t book every table on line

Just now, memoak said:

In a full suite you are guaranteed a specialty dinner on embarkation night no need to make a reservation. Last month they actually called me once I embarked to ask where and when we wanted to eat. E have never ever had a problem getting into a specialty restaurant at any time   They are almost never full up, they don’t book every table on line

Yes, I know about the first night for suites. But if you're not in a suite, are in a cc mini, and you're elite then it's useful to be able to book a specialty early if you're picky about date and time even though you have cc dining. I should have specified this in my post.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Yes, I know about the first night for suites. But if you're not in a suite, are in a cc mini, and you're elite then it's useful to be able to book a specialty early if you're picky about date and time even though you have cc dining. I should have specified this in my post.

We cruise anywhere from 6-8 weeks a year and still have never booked a speciality restaurant in advance and have always gotten in. Now it might help that our normal dining times are 7:30 to 8:00

• Like 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

You can contact Princess for that answer & not me…I merely posted the Princess info. 🙄

3 hours ago, memoak said:

If they’re like us, we have access to club class dining, but our travel companions do not. We elect to dine with them in the main dining room and therefore book dining times for the four of us on the app. 

8 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

If they’re like us, we have access to club class dining, but our travel companions do not. We elect to dine with them in the main dining room and therefore book dining times for the four of us on the app. 

I just don’t understand giving up morris that you are paying for. There really isn’t s whole lot of reasons to pay for club class and not use it. Just my opinion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I just don’t understand giving up morris that you are paying for. There really isn’t s whole lot of reasons to pay for club class and not use it. Just my opinion

We find that dining with our friends is a much better perk than club class. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JerseyShore said:

Has anyone else ever received this message?

Unfortunately, yes! Too often. It's not you it's the app. I wish I had an answer. Best I can tell you is that I've had no problem getting the reservations I want once I'm on board and can speak to the MDR host. I've also spent time with the Medallion folks on board and they can't tell me what's wrong either. They say to wait for the next app update.🙄

39 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

We find that dining with our friends is a much better perk than club class. 

Then I would just book a standard mini or deluxe balcony rather than pay for the perks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Then I would just book a standard mini or deluxe balcony rather than pay for the perks

Club class often has the best locations for some, and larger balconies on some ships.