Civitavecchia to FCO.....10:00 AM flight?

UnbridledEnthusiasm

I just want to get some opinions on this because I'm assuming I wouldn't make the flight on time (haven't booked). 

There's a 10:00 AM flight on a Sunday. I believe you can do disembarkment if you take your own luggage at 6:30. 

It's not likely I would be able to check in luggage and make the flight by 10:00 AM correct? It's just bad flight times and would rather not spend an extra night if possible. 

I suggest you stay at FCO 3 hours before the flight, the transfer by car from the port to FCO takes about 45/50 minutes. You should ask permission to disembark for 0600 AM...difficult.... not impossible.... but difficult

It's hard to see how any of us can be helpful to the OP.  

Let's assume that the 6:30 disembarkation time is real.  The good news is that Sunday traffic from the port to the airport will be better than any other day of the week, so that's a plus.

At the airport we know that flights into Israel have more security to get through than any other destination, so that's a bit of a negative, in terms of risk assessment for making the flight.

The key variables are:

* time you can disembark (best case is 6:30)

* travel time to the airport (best case is 50 minutes)

* check-in and security time

Only the OP can assign risk to each variable and decide if the value of this flight is outweighed by the risk of not making it.

3 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

It's hard to see how any of us can be helpful to the OP.  

Let's assume that the 6:30 disembarkation time is real.  The good news is that Sunday traffic from the port to the airport will be better than any other day of the week, so that's a plus.

At the airport we know that flights into Israel have more security to get through than any other destination, so that's a bit of a negative, in terms of risk assessment for making the flight.

The key variables are:

* time you can disembark (best case is 6:30)

* travel time to the airport (best case is 50 minutes)

* check-in and security time

Only the OP can assign risk to each variable and decide if the value of this flight is outweighed by the risk of not making it.

We are disembarking in the morning August 27 Gateway our flight is at 1:30 I’m hoping to make this flight on time   One never know what could happen 

Another consideration if your cruise is in the fall, storms have at times made ships late into port.  

If that flight is a good connection, perhaps consider staying overnight at the airport and spend the day in Rome.  We’ve done that in the past and enjoyed an extra day in Rome without rushing for the airport.   There is a Hilton attached to the airport in FCO.  That way you can easily fly out the next day.