Eurodam in Juneau Harbor on May 1, 2023

leerathje

Here we go, the first sail in post for Juneau, Alaska!  These sail in posts will be different… most of you will watch the sail ins, not the sail aways.  (Juneau is 4 hours ahead of Fort Lauderdale, and most HAL ships leave Juneau around 10 pm Juneau time.)  No waves either, and you will find that Juneau sail ins are not for all, but still, the chance to see some of HAL’s BHBs! 

image.jpeg.48a4c7451d26f58e39082f7175700573.jpeg

ms Eurodam will be at CT dock (Cruise Ship Terminal Dock) from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm, and she is on a 7 day Alaskan Explorer.

Also in port is Norwegian Bliss, at AJD dock (1:30 pm to 11:00 pm)

The PTZtv webcam can be found at  https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ 

Next up:  Nieuw Amsterdam on May 2, 2023.

Leanne

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sadly, I will mostly miss Monday sail-ins as I have a church meeting (ZOOM) at 4 most Mondays.  The ships are often about an hour early in Juneau so I may catch just a glimpse of her before the meeting.

This will be a good one as there are only 2 ships.  Often we get only a brief view of the BHB if they are at CT dock and another ship comes in and takes the AS dock, blocking our view..

Roy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happily@Sea said:

I wonder what kind of typical Juneau weather we'll have for today's sail-in?

I hope the cam is centered on the piers - with only 2 ships in port.

I had hope for you, as the couple of times I have had a peep at the Juneau cam lately, it wasn't moving.  However, I did notice that it is now panning....

L.

• Like 1

The Juneau cam keeps spanning and when the ships come in, they zoom in on the ships. When the season opened and the Norwegian Bliss was the first ship in, the zoomed to the dock and you were able to see them roping up the ship and then passengers getting off. Loved it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denise T said:

The Juneau cam keeps spanning and when the ships come in, they zoom in on the ships. When the season opened and the Norwegian Bliss was the first ship in, the zoomed to the dock and you were able to see them roping up the ship and then passengers getting off. Loved it!

I've been watching these cams for about 5 years. If the cameraperson is available we do get close-ups. Last season there was quite a bit of panning - at least on the days and time that HAL arrived.

• Like 2

A very close zoom right now as she ties up.  We need to enjoy it while we can before the number of ships gets larger and there's not so much time to spend on one ship.

Roy

• Like 2

Just now, rafinmd said:

A very close zoom right now as she ties up.  We need to enjoy it while we can before the number of ships gets larger and there's not so much time to spend on one ship.

Roy

Or the view blocker follows us in. It is what it is, at least we can get some great views.

• Like 1