Towel procedure on Labadee

2 minutes ago, DeepC54 said:

Will be on LOTS later this week. Do we pick up beach towels by the pool prior to going ashore on Labadee.? I suppose we still have to sign them out. Haven’t been there in a while.

Still sign them out before leaving the ship.  Should also be a spot on deck 3 as you leave the ship

29 minutes ago, DeepC54 said:

Will be on LOTS later this week. Do we pick up beach towels by the pool prior to going ashore on Labadee.? I suppose we still have to sign them out. Haven’t been there in a while.

Just a tip……on port day the line for getting towels on the pool deck will be LONG!!!  😳😳

We check out our towels the afternoon before and take them to the room and check them back in when we return to the ship 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Just a tip……on port day the line for getting towels on the pool deck will be LONG!!!  😳😳

We check out our towels the afternoon before and take them to the room and check them back in when we return to the ship 

Most definitely smarter to get them the day before and that is what we normally do unless we are in a suite.  I’ve seen them on the island, but they can run out and if you didn’t bring one you are out of luck or have to wait for a while.  Best to bring your own if you can manage.  

• Like 1

We returned our towels  at a towel station on CocoCay.   They charged us for the towels.  Contacted them and the charge was removed.  Won’t return them anywhere but on the ship in the future.  Charge didn’t show on our final bill. It was added later.  CocoCay was our last port.

How to up your towel game: 

Check out your towel(s) on Day 1.  Never return them (well, until the last day -- obviously).  When they're dirty or wet, exchange them.  This means you'll always have clean towels in your possession, and if the towel station is closed or the line is long, you're not inconvenienced.  You do have to store them in your room and remember to bring them to the pool.  The fewer times your room number goes in /out of the computer system, the fewer possibilities of human error charging you for a towel.  

As for the islands, I bring my own towels off the ship, then I swap them for fresh ones before I return, which means I'm not carrying heavy, wet towels.  And I'm ready to return to my room and store my fresh towels.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

As for the islands, I bring my own towels off the ship, then I swap them for fresh ones before I return, which means I'm not carrying heavy, wet towels.  And I'm ready to return to my room and store my fresh towels.  

That’s a great idea!

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

How to up your towel game: 

Check out your towel(s) on Day 1.  Never return them (well, until the last day -- obviously).  When they're dirty or wet, exchange them.  This means you'll always have clean towels in your possession, and if the towel station is closed or the line is long, you're not inconvenienced.  You do have to store them in your room and remember to bring them to the pool.  The fewer times your room number goes in /out of the computer system, the fewer possibilities of human error charging you for a towel.  

I agree to check out the towels just ONCE and exchange them the other times.  I don't understand why more folks don't do this.  Seems like a no brainer to me. 

M