Need a private, quiet place on Santorini for a church service

BuckeyeMark

My group (100+) will be in Santorini on a Sunday. We'd like to reserve a place where we could have our church service.  Preferable super scenic. Is there a beach club we could rent for the morning? Would be great to have services on the beach, then have lunch and then everyone heads out for a day of sightseeing.  So we only need a place for an hour or two.  Ideas?  Thoughts?  Suggestions? 

Perhaps others will correct me, but I don't think Santorini is known for its beaches.  It's largely a rocky outcrop in the sea -- it's the remnants of the rim of a volcano (the caldera) that blew up many years ago.  The only beaches that I recall are located on a smaller island in the middle of the caldera.  This would require special boat transport to that island and back to the main part of Santorini.

I don't have anything specific to offer you.  There are a few wineries.  Perhaps one of them has a meeting place large enough to accommodate you.  At least one of them is perched atop the caldera with amazing views of the water below.  There are also hotels/spas that might have event space for you to use.

I found this winery which hosts weddings and events:  https://venetsanoswinery.com/wedding-events/

I'm sure there are others too.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Rent a beach?  Not likely since I believe all the beaches (mostly black sand) are public.  There are some beach clubs (generally bar/restaurant with loungers to rent) so you might want to e-mail some of the beach clubs.  It is pretty common to charge 20-30 Euros to simply rent a sun bed.  Privacy would be very unlikely.

In your situation we would also consider contacting 1 or more local churches and ask if they have a suggestion.

Also keep in mind that Santorini is a tender port, and just getting a large group ashore (and up the cable car) can take a lot of time.  Whether any cruise line would agree to tender you as a group is questionable.  You are dealing with a very popular tourist oriented island that can be horribly overcrowded during the season.

Hank

This is a tricky logistical question and you will probably need local assistance.  And as Hank has already pointed out, simply getting your group tendered ashore and up the cable car will be difficult.

Have you considered contacting any of the following?

The local Tourist Information office, or

a local Chamber of Commerce if there is one, or any other local business group, or

local churches?

Another option could be to hold your church service onboard in one of the lounges which should be quiet as most pax will be preparing to leave the ship or have already gone ashore, and following the service, everyone could make their own way ashore and spend the remainder of the day doing whatever they want.

An afterthought.

Once you group have tendered and reached Fira, you may need to charter a couple of coaches to move them from there to your location, yet another challenge.

Is Santorini the only port call on a Sunday or is there another possibility which might be less of a challenge?

Thanks to all who have made suggestions.  Very helpful.

We are a large group and the cruise line has accommodated us with a place to worship on the ship, and they would tender us off as a group, and provide buses to get where ever we need to get on Santorini (it would be a custom shore excursion - $$$$ but we'd be happy to pay).

The question is, "Where are we going?"  There are some wedding venues we could rent but I haven't found one large enough for our group (100+ and growing).  Still searching.  Just need a quiet and scenic place.  Was kinda hoping that if we got somewhere first thing in the morning we could rent out that place for the morning before things really got going as more passengers come ashore.

Again, we could worship on the ship and then everyone head to Santorini on their own for a day of sightseeing. But if we could be together in God's creation for worship ... that would be very special.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Thanks to all who have made suggestions.  Very helpful.

We are a large group and the cruise line has accommodated us with a place to worship on the ship, and they would tender us off as a group, and provide buses to get where ever we need to get on Santorini (it would be a custom shore excursion - $$$$ but we'd be happy to pay).

The question is, "Where are we going?"  There are some wedding venues we could rent but I haven't found one large enough for our group (100+ and growing).  Still searching.  Just need a quiet and scenic place.  Was kinda hoping that if we got somewhere first thing in the morning we could rent out that place for the morning before things really got going as more passengers come ashore.

Again, we could worship on the ship and then everyone head to Santorini on their own for a day of sightseeing. But if we could be together in God's creation for worship ... that would be very special.  Thanks!

Do look at this site:

https://santorinidave.com/best-beaches-santorini

It has pictures and a map for all the beaches. It mentions beach resorts and clubs at each of the beaches.  You can get in touch with them directly and arrange for a beach rental.  They would probably love to arrange for an early morning group rental.  Even better if you also arrange for a coffee/breakfast after the service.

Edited by marazul