Tender in Martha's Vineyard

dazey

We are visiting Martha's Vineyard and have a non-Celebrity tour(Summit lrsbinh 5/15) scheduled and was wondering if anyone has information on how long it takes to get to the island taking into consideration  waiting time to leave and then getting to the shore.  We have a 9 AM tour and we dock at 8 AM and am concerned we may not make it(tour guide should wait I hope for all to arrive).

Also Elite Captain Club lists priority tendering but wonder if that is available at Martha's Vineyard.

Any info is appreciated.

MV Excursions Tours must know about us coming to the island on 5/16 as we have paid for their 3 hours island tour.  I know that the 5/6 Summit has tours scheduled with them as well.

Should have qualified my statement. I called the tourism office and the port services company. They only know about the ferry service and nothing about how cruise passengers are getting there. Perhaps you could ask the tour operator. Maybe they will know if we use ship tenders or if MV has one a la Grand Cayman.

I expected much more from the upscale residents who live on MV. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 5:28 PM, travelwide said:

Should have qualified my statement. I called the tourism office and the port services company. They only know about the ferry service and nothing about how cruise passengers are getting there. Perhaps you could ask the tour operator. Maybe they will know if we use ship tenders or if MV has one a la Grand Cayman.

I expected much more from the upscale residents who live on MV. Time will tell.

Upscale? You are confusing the wealthy people who have summer homes with the year-round residents.

On 5/12/2023 at 10:54 AM, Langoustine said:

Upscale? You are confusing the wealthy people who have summer homes with the year-round residents.

This is correct.  The rich folks don't "work" on the island. And the workers aren't upscale, they are workers