Grand Princess Cribs

Daringstoic

We're taking my baby to Alaska on the Grand Princess this summer. We've requested a crib, but I'm trying to figure out the sheets situation. I've seen that sometimes cruise lines have small metal cribs and some do pack and plays. I'm fine with either, but I wanted to bring a sheet with us because from hotel travel we've done I've found that they usually just use a flat sheet and it's hard to keep it tucked in properly, especially now that she's at a super wiggly stage. If anyone has experience with the cribs on the Grand, I'd love to know what they provided. I'm also open to any tips for cruising with a baby. I've traveled extensively before but I've only done one cruise and this is our first real trip with the baby. Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, Daringstoic said:

We're taking my baby to Alaska on the Grand Princess this summer. We've requested a crib, but I'm trying to figure out the sheets situation. I've seen that sometimes cruise lines have small metal cribs and some do pack and plays. I'm fine with either, but I wanted to bring a sheet with us because from hotel travel we've done I've found that they usually just use a flat sheet and it's hard to keep it tucked in properly, especially now that she's at a super wiggly stage. If anyone has experience with the cribs on the Grand, I'd love to know what they provided. I'm also open to any tips for cruising with a baby. I've traveled extensively before but I've only done one cruise and this is our first real trip with the baby. Thanks! 

They gave my DD a pac n play and a flat sheet was used over the mattress, not on the Grand though.  IDK if the Grand is the same.  

You could check a current roll call for the Grand, someone may ask for you.

I would suggest taking a couple of sheets for the crib, as it’s safer than a loose sheet, baby may need to take a nap right away and it’s a familiar pattern.  Just as you probably will take their fave stuffed animal or blanket!  😴

Welcome to cruise critic!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Daringstoic said:

This one starts on May 6th.

Grand roll call:

12 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They gave my DD a pac n play and a flat sheet was used over the mattress, not on the Grand though.  IDK if the Grand is the same.  

You could check a current roll call for the Grand, someone may ask for you.

I would suggest taking a couple of sheets for the crib, as it’s safer than a loose sheet, baby may need to take a nap right away and it’s a familiar pattern.  Just as you probably will take their fave stuffed animal or blanket!  😴

Welcome to cruise critic!

Yeah, the flat sheet made me nervous the first time we stayed in a hotel when she was two months old and it's probably worse now that she likes to flail her body around for fun. I'm not sure how the fitted sheets manage to stay on most of the time lol. I'll definitely check out the roll call - thanks for the tip! 

1 hour ago, Daringstoic said:

Yeah, the flat sheet made me nervous the first time we stayed in a hotel when she was two months old and it's probably worse now that she likes to flail her body around for fun. I'm not sure how the fitted sheets manage to stay on most of the time lol. I'll definitely check out the roll call - thanks for the tip! 

Let me also welcome you to CruiseCritic!

Have you confirmed with Princess that your baby will be  old enough to be allowed to sail on that itinerary? Without that confirmation a crib and sheets will be the least of your problems.

16 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Have you confirmed with Princess that your baby will be  old enough to be allowed to sail on that itinerary? Without that confirmation a crib and sheets will be the least of your problems.

Yes, she'll be three days past the minimum age at sailing thanks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daringstoic said:

Yes, she'll be three days past the minimum age at sailing thanks. 

That is good.

The reason I asked the question is because a few people who post on CC made the mistake of not verifying the minimum age of babies that were allowed on the voyage itinerary.  These people were not allowed to board when they arrived at the port with their young babies.

• 3 weeks later...