Query re London pre-cruise transfer

NeilWM

This is possibly a dumb question but I am reviewing Oceania options for pre-cruise transfer from London to Southampton and cheapest option is “OCI Hotel to Ship Transfer”.

Can someone tell me what OCI is short for, something to do with coach?

7 minutes ago, NeilWM said:

This is possibly a dumb question but I am reviewing Oceania options for pre-cruise transfer from London to Southampton and cheapest option is “OCI Hotel to Ship Transfer”.

Can someone tell me what OCI is short for, something to do with coach?

My understanding is that OCI is Oceania Cruises….

I think if you  are using Oceania air  you get  a transfer to the ship  or you may have paid for it 

Some TA's  automatically add the transfer to your invoice for  a fee

I would confirm with  your booking person

• 2 weeks later...

We book our own air so get our own transfers. Our next cruise ends in Southampton and we booked a private transfer to central London. We are staying in London for three nights before flying home. I usually find it costs less to do a private transfer, and it's not on a bus with lots of people. This time we are traveling with friends so there are four of us. Last time it was just the two of us so I found another couple on Cruise Critic to split the ride and cost with. 

47 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

We book our own air so get our own transfers. Our next cruise ends in Southampton and we booked a private transfer to central London. We are staying in London for three nights before flying home. I usually find it costs less to do a private transfer, and it's not on a bus with lots of people. This time we are traveling with friends so there are four of us. Last time it was just the two of us so I found another couple on Cruise Critic to split the ride and cost with. 

What company are you using?

In London we have always done our own transfers from the airport to the hotel (or hotel to seaport or airport).  We have used various car services.  Just google them and compare prices. We've never had a bad trip.  And usually you can book a car that will carry 4-6 people if that's what you want.

Mura