Getting cheaper price after booking cruise

tupperny

We are looking to book a cruise for June, 2024.  We were told that once we paid deposit--no further reductions in price are possible (unless you cancel and rebook which may mean losing the cabin that you want).  Is this something new?  I know that you can get discounts with other lines (RCCL, Celebrity, etc.)

Thoughts?

BIll

I rebook / refare all the time which is why I always book refundable deposit.  Who told you that you couldn't? I have never lost my room, EZAIR, excursions etc. But I do lose prior promos if rebooking.

I use a CVP

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I rebook / refare all the time which is why I always book refundable deposit.  Who told you that you couldn't? I have never lost my room, EZAIR, excursions etc. But I do lose prior promos if rebooking.

I use a CVP

Same with us. 

Agreed with the other posts, you can definitely true up your price after booking.  You do have to look closely and consider additional perks/promotions/inclusions in the different rates because you will be swapping those out for whatever is currently offered.

Not sure who told you you can't make any changes now.  You certainly can.  As you point out you can just cancel and re-book, which is why they will let you just change the rate without going through all that song & dance.  It would be an uncommon scenario that you wouldn't be allowed to adjust to the new rate.

Whoever conveyed this to you either miscommunicated or misunderstood and ended up confusing Deposit for Final Payment.  Life will definitely get more difficult to adjust your fare after final payment has been made, but should not be a problem at all with just a deposit down.

• Like 1

Is there a good way to track prices? Other than just doing a whole bunch of mock bookings? We are comfortable with the price we paid, but always happy to pay less! 

I'm new to Princess and I know some of the other lines have fare viewer tools, anything like that here?

4 hours ago, TravelFiend said:

Is there a good way to track prices? Other than just doing a whole bunch of mock bookings? We are comfortable with the price we paid, but always happy to pay less! 

I'm new to Princess and I know some of the other lines have fare viewer tools, anything like that here?

The only way to check is to select your cruise. Trust me it’s worth it. 3 months I rebook and saved close to $2,000 (my wife and I) 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tupperny said:

We are looking to book a cruise for June, 2024.  We were told that once we paid deposit--no further reductions in price are possible (unless you cancel and rebook which may mean losing the cabin that you want).  Is this something new?  I know that you can get discounts with other lines (RCCL, Celebrity, etc.)

Thoughts?

BIll

Bill,

I use a T/A which is helpful as we can discuss the + & - if I rebook so I can see what I loose & gain. I’ve never had any problems & I have rebooked before. 

Are you using a T/A?

Tom😀

We have saved hundreds of dollars just by checking in on the current fares and then calling our TA. It is no problem and our fare is adjusted to the lower amount. 

• Like 1

Typically you can refare your cruise up without issue until final payment.  Although some promotions are for new bookings only.  

I would ask the person you booked with for clarification and if they say you can’t refare after deposit ask if it’s their agency policy ( not Princess policy).  If they do say you can’t refare after deposit you may want to have your booking transferred to a different TA ( you have 60 days to transfer a booking). 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1