Princess (AON) insurance experience

cali-croozer

I had a positive experience with princess insurance (standard) so wanted to share. I had to cancel a cruise for medical reasons 18 days prior to sailing. Within 1 day, Princess refunded 25% of the cruise fare and port fees/taxes. I filed a claim for the remainder with AON on 4/18. It was approved on 4/20 and I received a check for the remainder on 5/1. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, cali-croozer said:

I had a positive experience with princess insurance (standard) so wanted to share. I had to cancel a cruise for medical reasons 18 days prior to sailing. Within 1 day, Princess refunded 25% of the cruise fare and port fees/taxes. I filed a claim for the remainder with AON on 4/18. It was approved on 4/20 and I received a check for the remainder on 5/1. 

I had the same experience this past January when I had to cancel my world cruise due to a family illness.  Booked on 2024 world cruise and added this ins. during booking (just in case).

Edited by Hflors
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, cali-croozer said:

Glad that the health cancelation process is back to what I experienced 5 years ago when a health issue just days before flying using EZair to LHR for a Norway cruise resulted in a cancelation.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Glad that the health cancelation process is back to what I experienced 5 years ago when a health issue just days before flying using EZair to LHR for a Norway cruise resulted in a cancelation.

I so wish you had gone on that Norway cruise! It was amazing. You need to plan another one and I will go back to Norway also! That was such a fun cruise to plan. And for me to go. Not so much for you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coral said:

I so wish you had gone on that Norway cruise! It was amazing. You need to plan another one and I will go back to Norway also! That was such a fun cruise to plan. And for me to go. Not so much for you!

It was very disappointing & maybe someday…we just rebooked our other bucket list cruise Around Australia for 2025 after our previous 2020 booking was canceled due to the pandemic.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

It was very disappointing & maybe someday…we just rebooked our other bucket list cruise Around Australia for 2025 after our previous 2020 booking was canceled due to the pandemic.

That sounds amazing!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 9:38 AM, cruisequeen4ever said:

That’s outstanding service! I’m sorry you had to go through a medical experience, though.

Actually, it was a good reason. After 5+ years, I got "the call" and received a kidney transplant! It will be awhile, but I will be back to cruising, and with a lot less luggage!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1