How to book Resort for a Day

Diane67B

Hi everyone! I keep trying to book Rui Resort for Nassau Bahamas on Oasis on September 21st. I put in my cruise ship and date but it only allows me to book on weekends. Does this make sense? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for any help!

• Like 1

Not sure who you are booking through, and can’t help with actual booking, but I do see this location offered through several outlets for different prices.

If it is a problem with the website perhaps try one of the other brokers?

• Thanks 1

Some of these operators only have specific allotments, then once that allotment is gone, they have no more unless they can get more from the supplier (resort).  There may also be certain limitations they have with the supplier as they can only offer X resort on X days during X month or X days out, etc.  Like the OP said, if one doesn't have it available, check around, or at least check back occasionally as the days get closer to your port day to see if there is availability.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diane67B said:

Hi everyone! I keep trying to book Rui Resort for Nassau Bahamas on Oasis on September 21st. I put in my cruise ship and date but it only allows me to book on weekends. Does this make sense? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for any help!

Resort for a day and Caribbean Day Pass both have openings for Sep 21 2023. Both run about 125.00 pp with unlimited activities, dining and alcohol. Also both are 9am - 6pm

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Diane67B said:

Thank you! How did you book it?? 

I just looked it up online, you can pay on the online site. They take a small deposit and then you pay in full on arrival.  This is from resorts for a day website.

•  

Non-Motorized Watersports
  • Resort day pass guests enjoying the infinity pool at the adults-only RIU Palace Resort in Nassau.
    Reviews:
    rating
    rating
    rating
    rating
    rating
    (87)

RIU Palace - Nassau

All Inclusive Beachfront Resort (ages 18+)!

Includes premium branded drinks!

$129.00 Per Person
    $29.00 Deposit
    $100.00 Due on Arrival
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

35 minutes ago, Diane67B said:

Thank you! How did you book it?? 

I just looked it up online, you can pay on the online site. They take a small deposit and then you pay in full on arrival.  This is from resorts for a day website

Cheaper elsewhere which I find is is often ( not always) the case with “Resort for a Day” and why I always check several brokers and often the resort directly. 

Sometimes the packages are different ( inclusions, times) so you have to compare carefully.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just out of curiosity what does Royal charge for the excursion. 

Resorts for a Day is not through RCI. We booked the Riu in Nassau this past February through them. 

27 minutes ago, teddie said:

Resorts for a Day is not through RCI. We booked the Riu in Nassau this past February through them. 

How was it? 

It looks nice but I see preferences in reviews for Warwick unless you need a beach

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

How was it? 

It looks nice but I see preferences in reviews for Warwick unless you need a beach

Riu was OK. We took a group van from the pier with a friendly driver for less than $10 pp. Resort check-in was painfully slow. Pool and beach area were nice but no where near as pretty as the photographs! Loungers and towels were provided. There was a nice variety of food outdoors for grilled hot dogs and burgers and island food--jerk chicken, fish and sides.  The indoor buffet was large, varied, and nicely presented. There were private taxis waiting outside the hotel entry for the return trip to the pier--that was an $18 fare. Honestly, since we are not big drinkers, I do not feel it was worth the $129 pp for us.  YMMV.

PS There are more posts about this on the Ports of Call forum.

Teddie

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

How was it? 

We really liked it, took a taxi there and back for $5 pp, ate at the breakfast and lunch buffets (better food than on the ship), the beach was beautiful, the water deep and very clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/5/2023 at 7:39 PM, teddie said:

Resorts for a Day is not through RCI. We booked the Riu in Nassau this 

We are trying  to decide on the resort. Rui was our top choice so far. Thanks for your review. 

Edited by Diane67B
Just saw post
  • Like 1