What opens cabin door on Beyond? Sea Pass card? Bluetooth "fob"?

BuckeyeMark

What will be using on the Beyond to unlock the stateroom door?  Some cruise lines still use a "credit card"?  Princess has a bluetooth fob, about the size of a quarter, you wear on a watch band or around your neck and the door unlocks for you when you approach.  What's the Beyond use?  Picture?  And thank you!

Apex used your sea pass card…it’s possible the phone app too, although my phone stays in the safe for the cruise. 

i don’t think Celebrity uses “fobs” on any of their ships. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Some cruise lines still use a "credit card"?

MOST still do. Celebrity doesn't have the fob tech and uses key cards, with mobile phone access on the E-Class ships.

Edited by kwokpot

I've been a huge fan of tech and have championed having the OPTION to order dinner item the app.

Celebrity has seemingly been very resistant to passenger technological innovations, perhaps things will change under the new leaderships and/or once they get more $$$

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

with mobile phone access on the E-Class ships.

It's available on some S-Class, also (I think we had it on Silly last May---if not, it was Solstice in August).

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

It's available on some S-Class, also (I think we had it on Silly last May---if not, it was Solstice in August).

Perhaps the phone works if it's been revolutionized, which COULD include the Millie, Summit, Silly and (the halfway revolutionized) Equinox

7 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

What will be using on the Beyond to unlock the stateroom door?  Some cruise lines still use a "credit card"?  Princess has a bluetooth fob, about the size of a quarter, you wear on a watch band or around your neck and the door unlocks for you when you approach.  What's the Beyond use?  Picture?  And thank you!

On the Beyond, you will be using your SeaPass card to enter your room.  

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Perhaps the phone works if it's been revolutionized, which COULD include the Millie, Summit, Silly and (the halfway revolutionized) Equinox

The cabins doors have to be updated with the RFID seapass card in order for a mobile phone to work using the same tech. If you have to insert the seapass card into a slot in your cabin door then that's the OLD mag stripe tech and NOT compatible with RFID tech. 

• Thanks 1