Ladies be aware

Dobbers

Just back from an excellent cruise on Britannia which we can’t fault it at all. However after visiting a toilet with a slightly overflowing bin I noticed that sanitary bags no longer seem to be provided. None in the cabin either, hopefully the cabin steward would provide if asked,

Not nice for the cleaners though 😳

We have some in our cabin on Aurora at the moment. Maybe because a previous occupant asked, or our good steward thinks they’re required?! I am tired of finding things missing, and having to ‘ask’ for them (E.g. flannels, conditioner).  There’s no way I’d have travelled with bags, if I’d still needed them

• Like 2

Just now, Jazzytelly said:

We had sone in our cabin on Iona but didn’t need them. My Daughter in law had to ask on Arvia and Steward apologised .  

I think that is awful as no one should have to ask for them……

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Pink15 said:

If the bags aren't in sight though you would be tempted to flush them and that leads to other problems. Should always be supplied.

I bet that is one of the reasons ship loos quite often break down - you really must only flush the obvious plus the paper.  

• Like 1

I had to ask the room steward on Britannia last September.  Well, actually I left a note so he would see it during turndown service, so didn’t get a response, but did have them replenished as needed. 

i had assumed it was just an oversight, seems ridiculous that it’s ongoing.  I wonder how many additional plumbing issues they are dealing with because of this? 

6 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I had to ask the room steward on Britannia last September.  Well, actually I left a note so he would see it during turndown service, so didn’t get a response, but did have them replenished as needed. 

i had assumed it was just an oversight, seems ridiculous that it’s ongoing.  I wonder how many additional plumbing issues they are dealing with because of this? 

What turndown? Unless you are in a suite turndown hasn't happened since covid.

1 minute ago, FangedRose said:

What turndown? Unless you are in a suite turndown hasn't happened since covid.

? I’m sorry I don’t understand your quote iof my post, or the relevance of your comment.

How odd!  Would you prefer I retype it, to include my peninsular number and room category?  

my statement remains factual, and relevant to the original post, I had to leave a note which was actioned during turndown service, having not had sanitary bags in the room. 

34 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

? I’m sorry I don’t understand your quote iof my post, or the relevance of your comment.

How odd!  Would you prefer I retype it, to include my peninsular number and room category?  

my statement remains factual, and relevant to the original post, I had to leave a note which was actioned during turndown service, having not had sanitary bags in the room. 

I can only repeat, there is no turndown service (unless in a suite) since covid.

Turndown used to happen in the evening, the steward came into your cabin, changed towels, tidied up, turned the bed down and left chocolate on your pillow. In the dim and distant past even made a towel animal.

With the move to more family orientated ships, surely the provision of these bags should be mandatory. It would be possible to have more than one family member per cabin needing them. 

2 hours ago, Pink15 said:

With the move to more family orientated ships, surely the provision of these bags should be mandatory. It would be possible to have more than one family member per cabin needing them. 

Indeed, especially as pads are not used solely for menstruation.

• Like 1

Agree with many comments above that this shouldn't even be near the point of having to ask for them.

Definitely in the cabin on QM2.   I made a point of looking whilst in the public toilet on board a Norwegian Cruise Line ship yesterday that I was working on board - they have sanitary bins.   Will take note on board MSC in a few weeks when I sail with them (although from memory, sure there are, that they still have turndown is irrelevant).

The requirement for bags to dispose of soiled sanitary or incontinence products is not gender specific.

As such, shouldn't the title of this thread address everyone, not just ladies?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Definitely in the cabin on QM2. 

Much as I hate to say it, not on the Coronation cruise in my cabin.  I took some from the public toilet where they were in good supply.  It was an odd situation, my room steward gave me a list of additional items he could provide including conditioner, sewing kit, shower cap, cotton buds etc but no mention of sanitary bags.

On Britannia at Christmas weI had a supply from day 1 which was replenished every day.

• Like 2