Ordering all courses at once

new2cruise

12 minutes ago, ldtr said:

That would actually be easier than what they have now which requires more interactions and is more labor intensive. Going to the fully App system would actually be simpler than what they have now.

The problem is that it might be too much of a leap into technology for some of the luddites on Princess.

Their internal system on the ship that hosts use has that info, so it ought to be possible to provide it to the App - at least when on board.

2 hours ago, ldtr said:

personally I would to see them go to the next level on the App. So you make the reservation or check in via App and have the App show your table number when it is ready. Other cruise lines are doing that and it works quite well. Gets rid of the check in lines

Have to agree.  That's how it's done on Carnival and works out very well except if you wish to eat at the most popular times around 645-730, if you don't check in early your wait could be substantial, especially on cruise elegant nights.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Absolutely correct. As a European,  I would want my coffee to be served after dessert.  I don't want it sitting on the table,  going cold, whilst I am eating.

Oh, that’s an interesting way to look at that. 
I guess that’s why they do it. I’ll just be sure to ask for mine sooner, so I can get on with my evening. 

1 minute ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I guess that’s why they do it. I’ll just be sure to ask for mine sooner, so I can get on with my evening. 

It's one of the ways to spot Americans in Europe - having coffee with, as opposed to after dessert, is a very American (and Canadian ?) trait

50 minutes ago, wowzz said:

It's one of the ways to spot Americans in Europe - having coffee with, as opposed to after dessert, is a very American (and Canadian ?) trait

We like getting our coffee served when we finish dessert.  It’s fine if we get it just prior to finishing.  DH drinks it black, so it stays hot longer.  I don’t really have a preference.  My DH is a Brit, so your observation is most likely correct.

• Like 1

Just now, wrongwaywatson said:

Last cruise, after the first day, I asked for coffee as they are clearing up the dinner plates and they will bring it when they take our dessert order.  But, we had the same table and same wait staff for our party of 4.

They often bring the cup and sugar, etc. right away, but the actual coffee comes way later and I didn’t know why. Now, I do. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

They often bring the cup and sugar, etc. right away, but the actual coffee comes way later and I didn’t know why. Now, I do. 

Yes, we had that!  I specifically asked for my coffee and after the first night or so, I got it! LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

We don't wait on the server to ask us.  If we want to get an espresso for after dinner, we just go to the IC and get it and of course have more options than they have in the MDR.

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sure, but they cannot execute well on what they have now.

Isn't that the truth?  It's been a couple of years now, and the app still isn't seamless.  

5 hours ago, ldtr said:

personally I would to see them go to the next level on the App. So you make the reservation or check in via App and have the App show your table number when it is ready. Other cruise lines are doing that and it works quite well. Gets rid of the check in lines

Fantastic idea.

Have you suggested this to Princess?

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Have to agree.  That's how it's done on Carnival and works out very well except if you wish to eat at the most popular times around 645-730, if you don't check in early your wait could be substantial, especially on cruise elegant nights.

If I have a reservation, I would like to be notified the table is ready without the extra step of checking in via the app.

Guest ldtr
1 hour ago, caribill said:

Fantastic idea.

Have you suggested this to Princess?

yep goes on each of my surveys. Carnival already has most of it.

28 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

We don't wait on the server to ask us.  If we want to get an espresso for after dinner, we just go to the IC and get it and of course have more options than they have in the MDR.

I can't imagine getting up and going to get my own coffee in the MDR but I have actually walked out to get wine at Vines if we are in a MDR that is near there. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I can't imagine getting up and going to get my own coffee in the MDR but I have actually walked out to get wine at Vines if we are in a MDR that is near there. 🙂

We're not getting our own coffee in the MDR or anywhere.  We go to the International Cafe and let the barista there take care of us.

On 5/5/2023 at 6:22 PM, wowzz said:

We want to eat for two hours so as to avoid the shows and musicians! 

So, it sounds as eating for < 2 hours "forces" you to entertainment.  Eat 20 minutes and go to sleep (or whatever)- just make sure not to turn a TV on in your cabin.

• Haha 1