Blue is not a line (lane) you get in it's part of your paperwork process

MILLERVILE

when you go on the princess app to fill out your paperwork it tells you your are in the blue lane.

this is just the status of your process of filling out your paperwork.

I found I filled everything out but was still in the blue lane, you have to do all the medallions to get into the green lane.

I heard there are lines once you get to the port to get you medallions that you need before you go through security.  I paid $10 to have them sent to me, when I was talking to princess she did ask me if we had got the beverage package (which we had not) it would be free to ship.    hope this clears up some

of the questions about the blue and green lanes.

Edited by MILLERVILE

Unfortunately, they are still charging people the $10, even with the beverage packages. I was just charged for my Medallion and Princess sent me a refund request form to be completed (takes 4-6 weeks); I might just wait in line at guest services when I sail in a couple weeks to request a refund. 

1 minute ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Unfortunately, they are still charging people the $10, even with the beverage packages. I was just charged for my Medallion and Princess sent me a refund request form to be completed (takes 4-6 weeks); I might just wait in line at guest services when I sail in a couple weeks to request a refund. 

i think with the money we all have in this trip and being you need them they would just sent them to us.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MILLERVILE said:

i think with the money we all have in this trip and being you need them they would just sent them to us.

You are absolutely correct about thinking this way.  Unfortunately, Princess thinks otherwise.  It was an "added" selling point to buying a beverage package.  As if the one time $10 saving for a $20 a day increase would really make any of us (in the United States/sorry Canada) feel any better.  

I ordered mine for both cruises before the charge took place.  

BTW...having it or not did not make much of a difference on my Japan embarkation.  Got up to the agent counter...showed her all of my paperwork...she went to get my medallion.  I told her I already had it and showed it to her.  She then informed me that the people directing passengers "should have" let me just walk on.  Let's see how the next "walk on with your medallion" works.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

They charge if you buy a beverage package not if you buy the plus package with Wi-Fi sand grate. It may say you are being billed but the charge never shows up on your credit card. I have done 6 cruises since the restart and have never paid to get the medallion mailed 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, memoak said:

They charge if you buy a beverage package not if you buy the plus package with Wi-Fi sand grate. It may say you are being billed but the charge never shows up on your credit card. I have done 6 cruises since the restart and have never paid to get the medallion mailed 

Correct...the Plus and Premier Package--shipping is supposed to be free.

I actually was incorrectly charged per my credit card statement.

14 hours ago, MILLERVILE said:

when you go on the princess app to fill out your paperwork it tells you your are in the blue lane.

this is just the status of your process of filling out your paperwork.

I found I filled everything out but was still in the blue lane, you have to do all the medallions to get into the green lane.

I heard there are lines once you get to the port to get you medallions that you need before you go through security.  I paid $10 to have them sent to me, when I was talking to princess she did ask me if we had got the beverage package (which we had not) it would be free to ship.    hope this clears up some

of the questions about the blue and green lanes.

There actually are separate green and blue lines when you check in at the port.

You can be in the green lane even if you need to pick up your medallion. So long as all of the other steps are completed you’ll show as green lane in the app. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Very much depends on each individual port. Certainly wasn't the case in Southampton or Barcelona. 

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Very much depends on each individual port. Certainly wasn't the case in Southampton or Barcelona. 

Good point! There were separate green and blue lines in Whittier, San Pedro, and Port Everglades but it’s a big world with lots of ports.

10 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

What's all this yap about a "green lane"?....

Good info thanks, I have read cruiser having such a hard time navigating the web site to get into the green lane. Now let me ask you this, if you have your mediadellion can you skip the green lane or is this like in the past to get your room key?

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

You can be in the green lane even if you need to pick up your medallion. So long as all of the other steps are completed you’ll show as green lane in the app. 

I stand corrected It's not just a status it's a real lane, so this is the line everyone gets in at the port?

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

Thank you for the information This is all new for me and just want to have a stress free experience. 

14 minutes ago, MILLERVILE said:

I stand corrected It's not just a status it's a real lane, so this is the line everyone gets in at the port?

It will depend on your embarkation port. When you arrive at check in there may be separate entrance lines for general and priority (platinum, elite, and suite guests) boarding and also separate check in lines for the blue and green lanes. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MILLERVILE said:

Thank you for the information This is all new for me and just want to have a stress free experience. 

No need to stress! There is always help available at the port

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MILLERVILE said:

You will still need to check in even if you already have your medallion.

It’s generally a very quick process though. They just check your passport (or other ID if you don’t have a passport) and make sure your security photo is acceptable. If necessary, they take a new picture.

They also check your COVID test results and vaccine record if those are required on your itinerary.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

It will depend on your embarkation port. When you arrive at check in there may be separate entrance lines for general and priority (platinum, elite, and suite guests) boarding and also separate check in lines for the blue and green lanes. 

That must have been recently. I've never experienced a separate line based upon blue and green. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Good to know I'm platinum but it's been a a few years since I've cruised with princess.

Any experience with the lanes at San Pedro/Los Angeles?  4 in our party are in the green lane, but 1 is in the blue lane.  We all need to pick up our medallions.  Was hoping we could at least get into a single lane together.  

24 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

What is the earliest we can check in at San Pedro, California?

I would also like to know.  Group A boarding is 11 a.m., so I was planning on arriving about 10:15 or 10:30 to try to check in.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theloo said:

Any experience with the lanes at San Pedro/Los Angeles?  4 in our party are in the green lane, but 1 is in the blue lane.  We all need to pick up our medallions.  Was hoping we could at least get into a single lane together.  

I would just go together, green lane.  They ask if you’re Elite/Platinum and they will direct you.  Not much difference in any of the lanes when we last went through a few months ago.

We arrived at about 10 am, went right in, checked in, boarded about 11am.  That was berth 93. 

• Thanks 1