Chioggia disembarkation information

combine

Information re disembarkation in Chioggia.

We disembarked Onward this morning, first time Onward has used Chioggia. We saw no walk up taxis waiting at the port. Only pre booked were arriving.  We booked the ships transfer at  $29.85 per person using obc. Our flight departure of 12.40 dictated the coach time and we were allocated a 7.30 coach departure time. Advised of one hour 30 minute journey, but probably because it’s a Saturday we arrived at the airport at 8.20… 50 minutes, hardly had time for a sleep !  Weekdays may be nearer the one hour 30. A pleasant drive through the countryside.

It was seamless transfer , met at the airport car park and we were  walked  to the building. Check in opens 2 hours 30 mins before flights but for some reason today the lovely lady opened the desk at 9.15 so here we are in the lounge chilling !

Attached is the information received in cabin with choices of transfers and all the departure times. There are some restrictions governed  by customs if you want to depart earlier than the morning at end of cruise, but it is doable and allowed.

All in all a great b2b. Its hard to convey to those stressing at home but everything really did fall into place once on board. The luggage tags are a non issue, all dealt with at embarkation.  Our obc turned up, as did our pre booked tour tickets. Our loyalty level was correct, we booked speciality restaurants with ease, even one  on the day, mid cruise.  We had one tour cancelled due to impending chaos in Naples if Napoli had won the football league! Money was refunded to our on board account promptly. Personally we heard very little problems on board but no doubt there was some and obviously its stress you can do without.

Less familiar faces on board but all new staff are as enthusiastic and helpful as always. A smile and a thankyou works both ways. We enjoyed all food options in Speciality, Discoveries and Windows. 

IMG_6641.jpeg

IMG_6640.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

We also disembarked in Chioggia today, but are spending a couple nights in Venice. 

We booked the Azamara shuttle bus for $26.95 which brought us to a bus station just outside Venice. We were able to book using OBC while onboard too. The trip took us about an hour. 

When we got off the bus there were Azamara reps to guide us. Azamara found two other couples that were staying near St Mark's Square and we split a water taxi. It was 80€ split between us. 

We were nervous because we couldn't figure out how we were going to get to Venice. I know things have been frustrating with Azamara lately, but they really came through. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cornish Maid said:

Thanks for sharing this really useful and would like to share to a forum I am on for a October disembark on Quest if okay with you thanks again

Sure you can. 👍

1 hour ago, Lady President said:

We also disembarked in Chioggia today, but are spending a couple nights in Venice. 

We booked the Azamara shuttle bus for $26.95 which brought us to a bus station just outside Venice. We were able to book using OBC while onboard too. The trip took us about an hour. 

When we got off the bus there were Azamara reps to guide us. Azamara found two other couples that were staying near St Mark's Square and we split a water taxi. It was 80€ split between us. 

We were nervous because we couldn't figure out how we were going to get to Venice. I know things have been frustrating with Azamara lately, but they really came through. 

Totally agree that Azamara went the extra mile to ensure that there were options for everyone. I’m not sure how it worked it reverse for embarkation, but hopefully someone who did the journey today could let people know. 

• Like 5

Hi Combine!

So glad you enjoyed "part deux" of your cruise. 

Also so glad to hear that your disembarkation at Chioggia and the transfer to VCE went smoothly. I have been wondering about that for a future cruise and you have set my mind at rest.

Hope you had an easy trip home!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

Hi Combine!

So glad you enjoyed "part deux" of your cruise. 

Also so glad to hear that your disembarkation at Chioggia and the transfer to VCE went smoothly. I have been wondering about that for a future cruise and you have set my mind at rest.

Hope you had an easy trip home!

Thanks, we had an excellent journey home and British Airways allowed us free wifi to watch the Kings Coronation  in the skies ! 

I am disembarking Chioggia again in July and it will be interesting to see if there is any fine tuning in the arrangements. 

Edited by combine
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2023 at 9:32 PM, combine said:

Totally agree that Azamara went the extra mile to ensure that there were options for everyone. I’m not sure how it worked it reverse for embarkation, but hopefully someone who did the journey today could let people know. 

Embarkation is a breeze. We booked flights independently, pitched up at 11.50 for embarkation and were seated at the pool bar just before 12.30

Disembarking a week later , we exited the cruise terminal and spotted three taxis one of which we took to our hotel for luggage storage until our taxi to airport at 7pm. It could not have been simpler.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Greg and Betsy said:

Hi

i was wondering did Azamara have shuttle buses into town the first day you were in Chioggia?

Thanks 

If you mean Venice, an hours drive, then no. Shuttle buses are not provided, and Chioggia itself is a short comfortable walk from the cruise terminal.