Booking speciality, only 9 pm available!

di T

17 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I find that to be highly unusual.

Sure, on sea days, it may be a touch harder to find extra prime time spots. But, from personal experience (and plenty of it 😉), I’ve seldom not been able to get a sufficient number of extra specialty reservations.

It was port days and we asked on day one. We were told there was nothing and they would add us to a wait list. We never heard anything. Asked the night of with the MD and instant results. Perhaps it was just those individuals at the desk.

3 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

It was port days and we asked on day one. We were told there was nothing and they would add us to a wait list. We never heard anything. Asked the night of with the MD and instant results. Perhaps it was just those individuals at the desk.

The extra reservations desk is for same day reservations. Depending on the passenger load, they will occasionally be able to book a day (or days) ahead. Admittedly, elite O Club status (or a butler) may get you some extra consideration.

We were able to get an extra specialty reservation by going to the desk on deck 5 as soon as our room was ready. We got more extra reservations with the help of our butler. 

However, SSFrance69 is correct about checking directly with the maître d' for extra reservations.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

We found the desk on deck 5 was no help at all....

Worked for us. Like all things, depends on the cruise. We used the desk on embarkation day 11/18/2022 on Sirena (E. Caribbean) to give up our one reservation in Red Ginger to add a 2nd evening reservation in Tuscan Steak. Wife doesn't like Asian food. And both were just for 2.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 12:14 PM, KBrote said:

Regarding the reservation process...we will be making our reservations for the specialty restaurants 45 days out since we are in a B1 cabin. We are traveling with friends. I will be making the reservations for the 4 of us. I have their names, cabin number, and booking number and was told I can make the reservation for the 4 of us. My question is do I pick "sharing" and then make the res for 4 of us or is there an option for picking a table for 4? Thanks for any advice.

I am wondering about this as well! We will be traveling with another couple, so I have the same question about sharing. Thanks for any advice on how best to do this. 

I started a new thread with this question (about traveling with another couple), as I didn't want to highjack this thread about dining times. But so far I am getting some advice so Cozycz look for that thread. 

1 minute ago, KBrote said:

I started a new thread with this question (about traveling with another couple), as I didn't want to highjack this thread about dining times. But so far I am getting some advice so Cozycz look for that thread. 

Thanks so much KBrote! 

You can always go to the website and see if times have opened up. I had a 9 pm for two at Jacques but when I checked today, there was a 6:30 pm time available so I cancelled the 9 pm and reserved the 6:30 pm

10 hours ago, honmani2 said:

You can always go to the website and see if times have opened up. I had a 9 pm for two at Jacques but when I checked today, there was a 6:30 pm time available so I cancelled the 9 pm and reserved the 6:30 pm

Worth a look, will check regularly over the next few weeks!

Keep checking.  Once you embark, you may be able to rebook at your desired time.  They don’t put all reservation time slots on web for booking.  There are some people who don’t book online.  On my last cruise on Marina, I was able to book 3 out of 4 reservations at a table for 2.  When we arrived at the shared reservation, they asked if we wouldn’t mind a table for 2.  It all worked out.  

• Like 1