Does the Breakaway have coffee makers in their cabins?

We've sailed on her before, but that was just after "the pandemic" and coffee makers had been removed.

Question: Does the Breakaway once again have a coffee maker in the cabins? We're in a "Club Balcony Suite" if that makes any difference.

If so, what type of coffee maker? If a Keurig, we'll bring our own favorite coffee pods.

I know about NCL's good cabin service, but sometimes it's nice to just make a cup.

Doug

9 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We've sailed on her before, but that was just after "the pandemic" and coffee makers had been removed.

Question: Does the Breakaway once again have a coffee maker in the cabins? We're in a "Club Balcony Suite" if that makes any difference.

If so, what type of coffee maker? If a Keurig, we'll bring our own favorite coffee pods.

I know about NCL's good cabin service, but sometimes it's nice to just make a cup.

Doug

Ask your Cabin Steward for one.  S/He will bring one.  Now, the bad news, the pre-packaged coffee they use with it is not very good.  Get some of those Starbucks instant coffee packs.  Not ideal, but way better than what NCL provides.

That way, you can use the coffee maker only for hot water.  

They do bring creamers and sugar with the coffee makers, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The Haven has those awful Nespresso coffee makers. 

I intend to ask my butler on the next cruise if we can get a Keurig.

I will say I do love the nespresso makers, but some mornings just want regular coffee lol 

3 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Understand except with me, I always want regular coffee.  

True, great thing about the Haven, pretty much ask and you shall receive lol

Was on breakaway a few months ago and ask for coffee maker.  I actually found the coffee provided ok. Lots of complaints about the dining room coffee. I always had my one cup in a in so didnt try the DR coffee. 

All the cabin stewards were busy when we first boarded (luggage ) but i was able to catch mine and ask him to bring coffee pot and remove the stuff from refrigerator.

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

Coffee makers on request. They provide Hamilton Beach single serves. NOT K-Cups. 

image.png.ac3a38c77d2419549c111894e49ccf73.png

image.png.67b74042fd1343270fd7dc46258c81d5.png

image.png.6dc89ca383a2f22c0bb7a7ae9498a969.png

Edited by BirdTravels

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Coffee makers on request. They provide Hamilton Beach single serves. NOT K-Cups. 

image.png.67b74042fd1343270fd7dc46258c81d5.png

image.png.6dc89ca383a2f22c0bb7a7ae9498a969.png

I think the coffee from the Hamilton Beach machines is pretty good.  I generally bring some extra pods with me to avoid having to ask for extra pods every day - from Amazon etc. "Senseo coffee pods".

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Ask your Cabin Steward for one.  S/He will bring one.  Now, the bad news, the pre-packaged coffee they use with it is not very good.  Get some of those Starbucks instant coffee packs.  Not ideal, but way better than what NCL provides.

That way, you can use the coffee maker only for hot water.  

They do bring creamers and sugar with the coffee makers, though.

Thanks. I'll ask but probably not use anything but a Keurig.

Doug

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Thanks. I'll have to do some research on those. I can probably find the coffee I like suitable for those machines.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

1 hour ago, podgeandrodge said:

I think the coffee from the Hamilton Beach machines is pretty good.  I generally bring some extra pods with me to avoid having to ask for extra pods every day - from Amazon etc. "Senseo coffee pods".

Thanks, I'll check out those on Amazon.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2023 at 8:53 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

We were in an Aft Balcony on the Breakaway January 2023. No coffee maker in our room. I asked our cabin steward if he could get us one and he did. Not a Keurig type, but I just wanted it for hot water to use Folgers Singles.

40 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

How do you do that? I guess that you use a regular coffee filter, but wonder how you would seal it shut so coffee grounds do not seep out?

You can use tea bags (Amazon), but the compartment on the Hamilton Beach coffee maker is small and round, so you'll have to experiment on what will fit. 

Sponsored Ad - 1000 Pcs Tea Bags for Loose Leaf Tea Filter Bags Disposable Empty Tea Bags for Loose Leaf Tea with Drawstri...

• Thanks 1

I use a tea bag product similar to what Bird shows above.  Yes, they are rectangular and the pod receptacle is round but it works.  I use 1 tablespoon of grounds per cup, my husband likes his coffe stronger so he gets an additional teaspoon.  You will have to experiment at home to see what suits your taste.

place the grounds in the tea bag and fold the top over twice then staple it shut.  The size I use will take four staples side by side to completely close the bag without any leakage of grounds.

I order my bags online from WM (I’ve not found them in the stores) and they are about $5/100.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Thanks 1

Thank you both for the tips. I think I will try this for our next trip. My husband may think I am crazy, but I bet he won't complain when he is on the balcony drinking good coffee. I am hoping that eventually NCL will change brands again to something decent. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2023 at 7:42 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

IMHO, the brand NCL provides is not great, but it’s far better than the swill served in the food venues onboard.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the stuff in the café. However, I am under strict orders by my wife NOT to make coffee in the room. She hates the smell of it, so I have to leave the room to get my morning cup o' Joe.

• Haha 1