Embarkation and Debarkation for June 9-18 Pride Norway Cruise

I have been slowly getting everything in place for this trip and am really looking forward to it. But I have some transportations questions regarding getting to and from the ship. My husband and I are planning on being in Dover for 2 days before we cruise, staying at the Best Western. What's the best way to get to the cruise terminal? Anyone know if there is a shuttle at that hotel? The website says so, but with everything returning to normal from the pandemic I am not sure it is still running. Is it easy to order a taxi from the hotel to the terminal?

On embarkation, we need to get to the Dover train station from the cruise terminal. We plan to spend a few days in London after the cruise. Everyone says to order a taxi before we get there, however it only looks like you order them from the cruise terminal to the airport. Do you have to order a taxi if you are just going to the train station? Do they queue for local taxis vs ones going longer distances? 

Lastly, how soon does everyone have to be off the ship. It looks like that through you out of the room early so I assume that you must be off by a certain time. We plan to self embark so we have a lot of flexibility. 

Thanks for any info. 

E-mail your hotel and ask if they have shuttle service to the port. Otherwise, you can ask them to call a cab for you that morning.

Your second paragraph was a bit confusing.

We sailed on the Pride to Norway in June 2022. We stayed in London and got the train to Dover on the day of Embarkation. There were a lot of taxis at the Dover train station to take us to the cruise terminal, the driver told us it was a set fee, from memory it was less than £10. If your hotel doesn't operate a shuttle then they should be able to phone a taxi for you.

Debarkation was very early, apparently mandated by the port authorities. I think everyone had to be out of the cabins by 6am and the debarkation process started soon after. The latest time for debarkation was before 9am. There were a lot of taxis waiting at the cruise terminal operating on a first come first served basis. We were going to the train station and again charged a set fee which was £10, slightly more expensive than the first taxi ride as it was a Sunday. We were among the last groups for debarkation as we had train tickets pre booked for 10:00.

• Like 1