Where to find the part of Bruges I keep seeing in pictures?

At the risk of sounding like an uncultured swine (I am), when we get off the ship in Bruges, where do we need to go to see the beautiful buildings, bridges, and canals I am seeing on all my google searches? I have been Google street viewing all over, and it's not near the cruise port, so I'm assuming we will need a transfer to somewhere else in the city. I want to eat chocolate and waffles and drink Belgian beer also, and possibly a canal boat ride? 

1 hour ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

... when we get off the ship in Bruges, where do we need to go to see the beautiful buildings, bridges, and canals I am seeing on all my google searches? I have been Google street viewing all over, and it's not near the cruise port ...

You don't get off the ship in Bruges. You probably get off the ship in Zeebrugge, which is about 9 or 10 miles away from Bruges.

Just now, Globaliser said:

You don't get off the ship in Bruges. You probably get off the ship in Zeebrugge, which is about 9 or 10 miles away from Bruges.

Ok. Well wherever get off the ship, I need to get to the pretty part. 
🤷‍♀️

From the port at Zeebrugge you can get to Bruges using a ship’s tour, a shuttle bus (either pre-booked or pay at the port), a shuttle bus & train combo (cheapest) or a taxi.

Note - only taxis can take you right into the historic centre. Buses and trains leave you with a 15 minute walk (a very nice walk, mind). 

I have two tricks.  In your Google Maps use street view and put the little yellow man on the map.  click the arrows to "walk around"  as a sort of Pre-tour

The second is to save an image to your photos files and then use Google Lens to help possibly identify the very specific spot, particularly if there is something distinctive like a sculpture or church

As Mskaufman said, the core of Brugge is pretty much as you know it 

• Like 1

I was there last September on a cruise and loved it!  I did the ships excursion which was great.  Not very far from where we docked and there was time to shop.  You can do it on own as it is a very easy taxi ride.