What is the Haven experience on older ships?

jeepers13

you still get the 24 hr on call butler service, concierge if you need him/her breakfast in moderno, lunch in cagneys. you get all the perks you would get in the haven, less the designated pool are bar and restaurant.  some ships have both haven and suites. the rooms are essentially the same, the services are the same, but you cant get into the "haven bar or restaurant" but the price is 1000's of dollars cheaper. priority boarding and disembarkation 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeepers13 said:

Great, thank you

So, worth it?

Suites on any ship are worth it in my opinion. I had an aft suite (0264) last year on Sky and it was nice having all the extra space and large balcony. Being an older ship, the TV situation was bit wonky with limited channels and an old-school DVR with movies list you could request from the butler. Otherwise no complaints. Sky has only 14 suites so the concierge has more time to connect with you and help you with anything you need (reservations etc).

I think on the bigger ships that have a Haven proper then the Haven is worth it. On the smaller ships without the Haven proper, we sail in the regular Suites, not the Haven suites. As said above, you get the same benefits but without being able to go into the "Haven" which does not have a bar and restaurant, so for us, on the smaller ships it isn't worth it. Keep in mind also, that on some smaller ships they have a Club Balcony Suite which is not really a suite and you don't get any of the benefits of the butler and breakfast/Lunch designated restaurants.

• Like 1

jeepers13. imho. it's absolutely worth it. ive posted before that just the ability of the concierge to get you off the ship before the 1000's of your closest friends is worth the price of admission!.

quillwercruisers btw, most (if if not all ncl ships have "club balcony mini suites" they are just renamed and slightly refurbished cabins that were previously called mid-ship mini suites.

In April we stayed in the deck 10 aft penthouse. We had all the perks except using the Haven pool and sundeck. Deck 10 aft has the deepest and biggest balconies out of the aft penthouses. Deck 8 aft penthouses are located above an entertainment venue, so you may want to be careful bidding on the aft penthouses.

jeepers13. some ships have both haven suites and just suites. cabins are nearly identical, you get the perks of a haven, minus the specially designated haven area.

some ncl ships only have "suites" although the cabin descriptions are also identical. as are       the perks.

if you are offered an opportunity to bid for an upgrade, you can place your bid, on any type of cabin they show you and that your budget can afford. just remember whatever $ amount you bid, is multiplied x2 i was going to bid from a 2 bedroom suite to the 3 bedroom garden suite, but my wife was very happy in our 2 bedroom cabin. since we travel with a very close friend, the 2 bedroom fits our needs perfectly.

Dont let the lack of Haven facilities down you about your suite experience.  My first suite experience was on Sky and the bar was set very high.  While other ships have a Haven complex, they are so large that they lose major aspects of personal service.  The concierge on a small ship like Sky will constantly check in on you.  In the morning at breakfast and in the evening.   We got personal visits and even got a bottle of wine comped to us at dinner.  You will not get this kind of personal visits on larger ships. The concierge has more time to be "hands on."  On the bigger ships, you must go to them.  On Sky they come to you.  Its something I had to learn once I started experiencing the Haven experience on the bigger and newer ships.  
I have not sailed Sky for years so I hope things have remained the same. 

• Like 2

People need to be specific about ship when asking as it has been an evolution.  I would agree on the larger ships the service is watered down or non existent from some concierges.

20 hours ago, jeepers13 said:

I'm confused.  They are suites which are not technically in the Haven program?

We can bid to upgrade to aft or forward penthouse at well as the owner's suite.

Club Balcony Suites are not "Suites".  Why NCL keeps "suite" in the name is an ongoing question.

The CBS is a slightly larger Balcony room with most of the space being used for the bathroom.  For the added cost, a few "perks" are added.