Celebrity Apex - Favourite Restaurant

Nicole&Pete

9 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thanks both,

So if I try all 4 for the first 4 nights I should be able to book the other nights whilst onboard based on which restaurant I like the best? 

It’s going to depend on how full your ship is and when you want to eat. If you want prime times (6:30-7:30), it might be tricky so you might want to pre-book as a backup. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, InTheDrink said:

It’s going to depend on how full your ship is and when you want to eat. If you want prime times (6:30-7:30), it might be tricky so you might want to pre-book as a backup. 

Thanks - pre booking is not working because we can link our cabins together but since we used different TAs we can’t make any reservations together - it’s been maddening. We plan on going to the dining reservation place the minute we board to get this worked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinaincc said:

Thanks - pre booking is not working because we can link our cabins together but since we used different TAs we can’t make any reservations together - it’s been maddening. We plan on going to the dining reservation place the minute we board to get this worked out.

That’s odd- I have made reservations with friends we have linked with despite having separate TAs. Regardless, if you go to see the Maitre’d on the first day right when you board, you should be ok- we did that with a group of 10 on another X ship.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, InTheDrink said:

That’s odd- I have made reservations with friends we have linked with despite having separate TAs. Regardless, if you go to see the Maitre’d on the first day right when you board, you should be ok- we did that with a group of 10 on another X ship.

Same here, we have done it many times.  Strangely, this time 3 of us are with a certain box box travel agent (begins with a C) and they 'hard-coded' us as a group reservation and it has caused all kinds of problems.  The others can book things together but not the 3 of us calls to them and to Celebrity have been futile. Additionally we are coded as 6pm dinner seating when that isnt even an option on this sailing (everyone is anytime dining) so the three of us can't even go online to make a reservation for just us, system pushes back and says we can't due to our dining preference.  UGH!!

We will be boarding early and heading straight to restaurants to try to straighten this out.  I am really concerned about our specialty restaurant reservations too. 

• 4 weeks later...

I do not think reservations were followed on our recent Apex cruises (Transatlantic then Norway). We never waited more than 15 minutes. If one restaurant is backed up, just go to another one. You can order from any menu using the app. The 4 ounce Filet mignon on the children’s menu was my favorite. 

13 hours ago, GMaCarolK said:

I do not think reservations were followed on our recent Apex cruises (Transatlantic then Norway). We never waited more than 15 minutes. If one restaurant is backed up, just go to another one. You can order from any menu using the app. The 4 ounce Filet mignon on the children’s menu was my favorite. 

So, if you showed up at your reservation time, they didn't honor it?

We were in a suite but did try the MDR italian restaurant.  It was good and the service such an improvement over the old banquet style restaurant.

As far as specialties, We loved Eden- probably my favorite!  We were disappointed in the grill.  Expected it to be more like the lawn club grill on the Silhouette and Reflection= it wasn't.  It is open and people were running back a fourth using the restaurant as a public walkway- nobody stopped them.  It definitely interfered with our restful dinner.  We also enjoyed Luminae, the suite restaurant. Tried all special restaurants, except sushi, which isn't to our liking.  All others were fine.  You should try a couple of specialty restaurants.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy planning mom said:

So, if you showed up at your reservation time, they didn't honor it?

We only made reservations once and were seated right away. But everyone else was also being seated, too.  

i saw some people on the first day of the cruise arguing with an Apex employee about their reservations. The Apex person repeatedly said that reservations were not necessary for the MDRs, but never exactly said that they would not be honored. 

We tried 3 dining rooms, then chose Cosmopolitan for the remainder of the cruise.  We made this choice due to the outstanding service from the waiter and the sommelier.  I enjoy having the same staff every night.  They know what we like and our sommelier is quick to serve us. We have ordered items from other MDR menus without a problem 

• 3 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 11:50 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Tuscan was my favorite on the Edge - I love the decor and everything about it.

I did enjoy Cyprus more than I thought I would.

Normandie felt a little too stuffy for me personally. Cosmopolitan was ok, but the server brought the wrong thing out (they had 2 dishes with the same protein - one had breading and one was gluten-free) in spite of me verifying the one I wanted was the gluten-free one and specifying I was gluten-free. I didn't really feel safe going back to that one after that.

we agree.. love the atmosphere of the smaller 2..

Tuscan  great decor and ital  music..Cyprus was also very pleasant!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...