Onward prices for 2024

KevintheIrishDJ

1 hour ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We are booked for thr 11/30/23 Onward 12 day cruise. Just saw the sale (50% off 2 passanger) for the 11/25/24 14 day cruise, It is 47% higher per day. I wonder why?

The need to make money immediately springs to mind.

• Like 1

All cruises I've looked at on many different cruiselines have risen dramatically.  Prices dropped during covid to lure back guests; that is no longer necessary.  Not to mention that their costs have also risen dramatically

45 minutes ago, laurieb said:

All cruises I've looked at on many different cruiselines have risen dramatically.  Prices dropped during covid to lure back guests; that is no longer necessary.  Not to mention that their costs have also risen dramatically

Not sure I agree as there are some great deals on Celebrity and Oceania at the present.

Cruise companies must remain competitive and deliver the best overall cruise experience to attract business to their own ships and "smoke and mirrors pricing" is easy to spot.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We are booked for thr 11/30/23 Onward 12 day cruise. Just saw the sale (50% off 2 passanger) for the 11/25/24 14 day cruise, It is 47% higher per day. I wonder why?

are you comparing prices to what you originally booked at?

a couple things to keep in mind, the 2024 cruise is 2 nights longer.  It may also be over Thanksgiving, making it a holiday cruise.  Just looking at the current prices for the 2023 cruise, and it's currently more expensive than the 2024 cruise 

Edited by laurieb

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

a couple things to keep in mind, the 2024 cruise is 2 nights longer.  It may also be over Thanksgiving, making it a holiday cruise.  Just looking at the current prices for the 2023 cruise, and it's currently more expensive than the 2024 cruise 

My comparison is per day cost, not total cost

• Like 1

I think we all know when a "sale" is not a sale - prices are inflated before the "sale" is announced, with the "sale" price reduced from the inflated price, not the previous regular price.

Sales are across the board, while price increases are per individual cruise based on how it is selling.  But cynics will find a pattern even if there isn't one.  Come back with evidence that the regular price is decreased when the sale ends to prove that it is shady marketing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1