Carnival Venezia maiden voyage live

On 5/9/2023 at 3:37 PM, Jamman54 said:

Wow!...We will be on her for 21 days starting September 23rd. Have a safe journey across the pond! :classic_laugh:

We will be on for some of that time - we're on 13 days B2B Sept 16 - 29.

And very much looking forward to pictures and write up of the ship. We're portside aft, so likely no pictures from that vantage point, but we'll happily scour whatever you post. 🥳🤯

• Like 3

On 5/9/2023 at 4:17 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

I am a foodie and have reservations at quite a few fine dining restaurants and I'll be sure to post lots of pics of food.  One example is a Michelin restaurant in Beziers (owner/chef has two Michelin starred restaurants) featuring closed-loop dining.  They grow their own vegetables and fish farm, the fish farm irrigates and fertilizes the vegetables...  Our concept - THE ALTER NATIVE - Gilles GOUJON (lalternativegoujon.fr).

I will introduce you to my husband on the ship; he’s a major foodie; you two would get along!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

Interesting question - I just assumed the ship would be crewed by Carnival crew...is that not the case?

It's a Carnival ship, it has NOTHING to do with Costa anymore.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, maluhia87 said:

Shortest train ride ever through Monaco.  

Oh man, I am a dummy.  I thought he was going over there beforehand to do some training.... like he had international affiliates of a company he was going to to receive or give training.  Not to do some "training", like ALL ABOARD! ChooChoo.  Carry on.... where were we? 🤪🤣

Edited by d-lite-n-cruisin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 9

Will be following your posts, well everybody's post. Haven't been on Carnival in years (no reason just not going where and when I wanted) saw this ship in an add and booked. Unfortunately not until March but plan to have a wonderful cruise. Looking forward to this beautiful ship.

Thanks

1 hour ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Oh man, I am a dummy.  I thought he was going over there beforehand to do some training.... like he had international affiliates of a company he was going to to receive or give training.  Not to do some "training", like ALL ABOARD! ChooChoo.  Carry on.... where were we? 🤪🤣

Don't feel bad - I thought the same exact thing - lol!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Will be following your posts, well everybody's post. Haven't been on Carnival in years (no reason just not going where and when I wanted) saw this ship in an add and booked. Unfortunately not until March but plan to have a wonderful cruise. Looking forward to this beautiful ship.

Thanks

We ended up on this ship due to a ship swap from the Magic on upcoming Canada trip having been on Carnival only twice in recent years. But now very much looking forward to seeing it.

• Like 2

Looking forward to following along! My DH and I are on the Venezia TA also. We arrive in Barcelona on 5/27.

I think I am more excited to read about your train travel. I would love some pointers on how to arrange train travel through Europe.

• Like 1

That part of the scallop we don't eat? Ate it tonight,  when in Paris... I asked a Parisian if they eat it separately or combined with the part we eat. The answer was "combined and smaller bites than Americans."  It stretches the scallop experience, it's a little gamey. I ate most with the eggs, etc. Don't Google it.  You don't wanna know what the etc is. Foie Gras was amazing,  scallops very good - definitely fresh. 

20230511_153921.jpg

20230511_161459.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TravelE said:

Looking forward to following along! My DH and I are on the Venezia TA also. We arrive in Barcelona on 5/27.

I think I am more excited to read about your train travel. I would love some pointers on how to arrange train travel through Europe.

Start by doing extensive research on where you want to go.  Great resources include Fodors, TripAdvisor and Rick Steves.  Combine that research with rail research,  you want to make an efficient travel plan but you have to weigh how much you want to visit non-train-station towns with the difficulty to reach them. For example,  this time I really want to see St Paul de Vence but it doesn't have a train station.  So I found a day excursion from Nice that includes St Paul de Vence with Cannes and Monte Carlo.  If you enjoy trip planning,  it doesn't feel like work.  Take your time,  hour by hour over months works wonders.  Book your restaurants ahead of time if dinner is a big satisfying characteristic of travel to you. As far as booking the train tickets in advance,  I like raileurope.com, both for the ticketbuying and digital tickets they send to your phone immediately at purchase.  Their app is great.  If you're not adverse to worksheets,  Excel is a great way to record your tripbuilding, helping you stay organized as you progress.  HAVE FUN.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 7

My hotel. Pics of the room tomorrow.  Too messy right now.   It's not high end but it's right where I want to be for my plans... walking distance to Eiffel Tower,  Musee D'Orsay, Louvre, HOHO busstop and Montmartre.  Tomorrow morning I have tickets to a special Degas and Manet exhibit at D'Orsay. I love the four art periods from 1860 to 1900, and will see where Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to a prostitute before checking in to an asylum,  just after painting his most beautiful works as post-impressionism mixed with expressionism in Arles.

20230511_173252.jpg

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 5