Questions

Just returning to cruising and getting info from RCL that has me wondering. We went to redeem our FCC and we’re told they expired. We mentioned that we received an email from RCL stating that we should ignore expiration date because they no longer expire. Went to resolution and were told we could use them if we booked today (yesterday). We did, since we already had a cruise chosen. Then we tried to use our mycruise points to get the companion fare. Back to resolution who said it was not compatible with FCC. I’m rethinking my loyalty to RCL. Has anyone had similar dealings? 

1 hour ago, Threedrones said:

Has anyone had similar dealings? 

You seem to have a somewhat rare set of conditions but the usual thing to do is call a few times as the answer you get may vary - that part, getting different answers on different calls is somewhat normal with RCI.

I finally located the policy statement online and the info concerning the incompatibility was correct. I still haven’t found out why my FCC expired even though RCL emailed me to ignore the expiration date. But at least we’ll be cruising again.

29 minutes ago, Threedrones said:

I finally located the policy statement online and the info concerning the incompatibility was correct. I still haven’t found out why my FCC expired even though RCL emailed me to ignore the expiration date. But at least we’ll be cruising again.

Do you have the email? I've never heard of a fcc that never expires, only that the date was extended. What was the exact wording? 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Do you have the email? I've never heard of a fcc that never expires, only that the date was extended. What was the exact wording? 

Most of the CWC FCC's were changed to no expiry other than the 25% bonus part.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1