Is Ben & Jerry's Sweet (cabin 6305) still a thing on Freedom Class (specifically Liberty)?

We are sailing on Liberty in Oct 2023 and were booked in a Promenade view stateroom on deck 7. I just happened to be on the site looking for upgrades today, and while there were none that I really wanted to pay for but I thought I would check to see if the "Ben & Jerry's Sweet" 6305 was available as it was not when we booked. Sure enough it was so we changed cabins.  I have stayed in this cabin before and always got concierge access and free ice cream.  After I changed cabins, I did some searching and there seems to be conflicting information about whether or not this cabin comes with any perks anymore.  Has anyone stayed in it recently that may know?  I probably will still keep the cabin, but just want to keep my expectations in check.  TIA!!

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 3

• JessyCruises changed the title to Is Ben & Jerry's Sweet (cabin 6305) still a thing on Freedom Class (specifically Liberty)?
35 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I thought I would check to see if the "Ben & Jerry's Sweet" 6305 was available as it was not when we booked. Sure enough it was so we changed cabins.

Nice catch!

• Like 1

I might sail on Liberty next year.  Wonder if the good outweighs the bad.  I wouldn't like the loud music depending how long it went on.

On Explorer, I had a promenade room (not booked originally but we had a cabin change the second day) and the main problem was music with the early morning aerobics.  

18 minutes ago, moposh said:

Too bad they got rid of the cow decor.

Aww... that sucks. Obviously still worth switching to for free like the OP did but I thought that looked like a very fun & unique touch.

• Like 2

We had the room on Liberty back in December.  There is still cow decor but it's not overdone.  (I have a link below in my signature)

We found there were lesser freebees compared with Independence prior to covid (e.g. no sweets in our cabin like a suite), but we had access to the suite lounge and you could order any drink.  So that in itself was a huge bonus for us. And there was still free ice cream. 

One difference from before though is that on Liberty we got a card to the suite lounge but not the gold card itself that we got on Independence  It honestly wasn't a big deal though and thought the room was great for the price.

Note that there was no note in the room on Liberty listing the perks (aside from the ice cream voucher card) so you needed to know that you also get suite lounge access.  We went to guest services for the access.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We had the room on Liberty back in December.  There is still cow decor but it's not overdone.  (I have a link below in my signature)

We found there were lesser freebees compared with Independence prior to covid (e.g. no sweets in our cabin like a suite), but we had access to the suite lounge and you could order any drink.  So that in itself was a huge bonus for us. And there was still free ice cream. 

One difference from before though is that on Liberty we got a card to the suite lounge but not the gold card itself that we got on Independence  It honestly wasn't a big deal though and thought the room was great for the price.

Note that there was no note in the room on Liberty listing the perks (aside from the ice cream voucher card) so you needed to know that you also get suite lounge access.  We went to guest services for the access.

DW and a cruising girlfriend of hers had the B&J on the Independence pre COVID, with similar experiences as you.  DW loved the perks and the treatment.  Probably the main reason we started sailing on Royal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

Thanks everyone!  I remain cautiously optimistic that the perks will remain until we board in October 🙂

If nothing in your room, go to guest services and tell them.  We had to go through 3 different people at Guest Services until eventually they called the concierge who informed guest services that yes, we got access.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, moposh said:

I may try to get this room when I cruise on Liberty.  Looking at a cruise for next year.

It's hard to get unless you book when the cruises are released. I've tried more than once and further out than a year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It's hard to get unless you book when the cruises are released. I've tried more than once and further out than a year.

That's too bad.  We didn't book our Dec cruise on Liberty too far out.  Guess just luck of the draw,  You need to call though and ask as it didn't show as available on the website when doing a mock booking.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

That's too bad.  We didn't book our Dec cruise on Liberty too far out.  Guess just luck of the draw,  You need to call though and ask as it didn't show as available on the website when doing a mock booking.

You also have to be in a connecting promenade. Once I upgraded to a non connecting when prices dropped, then it came open. By then I'd have had to pay extra to move back to a connecting promenade so I let it go. Right at the beginning of covid and opening back up they made 2 different categories of promenade cabins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

You also have to be in a connecting promenade. Once I upgraded to a non connecting when prices dropped, then it came open. By then I'd have had to pay extra to move back to a connecting promenade so I let it go. Right at the beginning of covid and opening back up they made 2 different categories of promenade cabins. 

That's true.  They used to be the same category but in the year or so, they introduced the connecting room. which includes the Ben and Jerry suite,  Too bad you changed and then would have had to pay more to switch to it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, 93beachbum said:

I just lucked out and got 6305 for the 7/3/23 cruise I booked yesterday! Totally forgot about it. Had it once before many years ago!

Please report back and let me know if you get the amenities!

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2023 at 10:01 PM, 93beachbum said:

I just lucked out and got 6305 for the 7/3/23 cruise I booked yesterday! Totally forgot about it. Had it once before many years ago!

Dying to know if the sweet suite still exists!! Were you able to get the sweet perks? 🍦