US AMEX Offer for RCL

6 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

If it's non-branded, what are the points good for?

I amended my initial post.

For me, I will receive AMEX membership rewards points. These can be used simply as a credit for your bill (1point = 1cent), or to book other travel through AMEX. But you get much better value by transferring the points to various airline partners.

Edited by WorkingForOBC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WorkingForOBC said:

These can be used simply as a credit for your bill (1point = 1cent),.

Do you still get the 1:1 redemption offer for "cash"? 20,000 pts for me now is a lot less than $200 on most things, unless I get a Darden gift card. 

And we both for the offer today here which is nice because I just had the offer back in Dec too 

35 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Do you still get the 1:1 redemption offer for "cash"? 20,000 pts for me now is a lot less than $200 on most things, unless I get a Darden gift card. 

And we both for the offer today here which is nice because I just had the offer back in Dec too 

Yes. We also had the offer last fall. At this point we'll be close to saving 20% on our upcoming cruises.

Yes. You can get a statement credit (essentially cash), at the rate of 1 point per 1 cent.

Gift cards are definitely a terrible use of points.

Generally you don't ever want to use points to buy anything directly through AMEX.

Usually you get the best exchange rate by transferring the points to a frequent flier program to buy flights with miles.

Also there are tons of resources (much more knowledgeable than I am) out there on how to get the best redemption rates with Amex membership rewards points.

Thanks for the heads up! Had this available on my gold card as well and got it added. Here's hoping my TA was a bit slow putting down my deposit for our cruise on Harmony next year so it can count towards that spend. 🤞

Thanks for the heads up on this AMEX offer! I’ve added it on my card, still have to check on DH’s card. I haven’t gotten the last two offers that came out, so I’m grateful for whatever I get from this one. 

I almost booked two cruises a couple of days ago but held off for some reason. I wasn’t sure why but for some unknown reason I decided to wait. I’m now very glad I did!

Log into your American Express account.  Scroll down past your current pending transactions and you should see "AmEx Offers and Benefits."  Select "View All" and you can then see everything or choose one of the categories -- if you have this offer, it should be listed in the "Travel" category.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For anyone who doesn't see the offer, remember that Amex only shows you a set amount. Sometimes it'll be hidden until you add enough other random offers to your card for it to show up. There's no harm in adding an offer you'll never use so keep adding until new ones stop appearing and you'll know you've seen all you have available.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bundtkate said:

For anyone who doesn't see the offer, remember that Amex only shows you a set amount. Sometimes it'll be hidden until you add enough other random offers to your card for it to show up. There's no harm in adding an offer you'll never use so keep adding until new ones stop appearing and you'll know you've seen all you have available.

And only on non-branded cards.

1 hour ago, CFLRetired said:

Any idea how a gift card purchase would code?  I don't need to spend this for any upcoming cruise.  I'm just looking for the future.

I would think it would work but I haven’t personally tried it. I’ve used it for cruise planner purchases several times in the past with no issues. Everything always codes the same once it hits the card.

On 5/11/2023 at 2:54 PM, WorkingForOBC said:

I amended my initial post.

For me, I will receive AMEX membership rewards points. These can be used simply as a credit for your bill (1point = 1cent), or to book other travel through AMEX. But you get much better value by transferring the points to various airline partners.

Or Delta flight miles.  We haven't paid for air transportation for years!  This is a great deal.  I will pay off our upcoming cruise and get those points.  Thx.

I linked the promotion to my card and will charge $1,000 on the next cruise that I will be paying off.  i've been transferring Amex points to Hilton Honors when there are promotions.  I think they also can be transferred to Marriott.  

1 hour ago, elaine5 said:

not on our Amex Delta cards. 

Correct.

I think it's been well established over the years that RC offers never show up on branded cards. So no Delta Amex. Mine is also Delta.

• Like 2

Regarding the credit card…

I redeemed points on 4/28. I’m cruising in a month. It’s 5/15 and I still don’t see the credit.  I redeemed twice before for this cruise and the redemption showed up pretty quick online and in my app. 

Does anyone know who I contact to resolve?
Is anyone else experiencing that long of a delay?

thanks