Free at sea 150 internet minutes

brady19

2 minutes ago, brady19 said:

We got 150 minutes of internet as part of the free at sea promo. Can someone tell me how this works by minute? Do I need to log in and log out to start and stop the clock?

You understand it perfectly!

11 minutes ago, brady19 said:

We got 150 minutes of internet as part of the free at sea promo. Can someone tell me how this works by minute? Do I need to log in and log out to start and stop the clock?

Yes.  It is an extra step to log in and out, but 15 seconds vs losing your time in the first day.

Also remember when in many ports your cell phone contract may allow for data and texting for no charge.  

• Like 1

Also a little tip i learned to save minutes is if sending an email i type the message THEN log in to send it. Also since my husband does not mess with any internet time i went and had his minutes transferred to my account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruisinmeme said:

Also since my husband does not mess with any internet time i went and had his minutes transferred to my account.

You can also just log in as him.  That provides a small amount of protection against inadvertent failure to logout.

• Thanks 1

Many times my last cruise the internet went down and people could not log out there was a line at the internet managers desk every day with people needing to get time back depending on your usage and days at sea you mat want to go unlimited just for the ease.

On 5/11/2023 at 6:15 PM, brady19 said:

To use the internet, yes - log in and log out.  BUT... important to know that you can imessage (Apple devices) without logging on, just be being connected to the ship's wifi.  This is for text only, you cannot send photos this way.

34 minutes ago, Lipton said:

Is it better to upgrade to unlimited during online check in or onboard the ship? Going on a 7 day Pearl Boston to Bermuda. 

Thank so much!

Ncl internet packages are ridiculously expensive. They are way out of line compared to royal. Going on royal in January on an 8 day and packages was $159. Ncl for 7 day is $239

1 hour ago, Lipton said:

Is it better to upgrade to unlimited during online check in or onboard the ship? Going on a 7 day Pearl Boston to Bermuda. 

Thank so much!

U[grade?  We don't even use the 150 minutes per person.  Then again we spend most of our time on a cruise actually enjoying the cruise, not with our noses stuck in a computer.  At the end of teh crise we have use MAYBE 15 minutes per person. LOL!

• While we do spend most of our time enjoying the cruise we also enjoy sticking our noses in computers with no time restrictions. I find it stressful to worry about the time clock and logging out. 😎
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lipton said:

Thank so much!

We did a cruise in November and I upgraded the first morning (after the first night).  We had wifi up until late the first night leaving NYC but found when I upgrading on day 2 it was cheaper, as it was one less day.  I am hoping someone can say if that is still the case.  I don't know if it works past a certain day though.  

On 5/13/2023 at 2:25 PM, Lipton said:
  • While we do spend most of our time enjoying the cruise we also enjoy sticking our noses in computers with no time restrictions. I find it stressful to worry about the time clock and logging out. 😎

We cruised on Princess in April with family, where everyone but us had the "Plus package" that included WiFi. I didn't realize how prevalent WiFi calling was, it would have been convenient to be able to communicate with each other, but besides that I'm in the same camp, I want to be unconnected on vacation. I wish I could book without the "Free at sea" at a lower fare since we don't need any of it.

On 5/13/2023 at 12:41 PM, KurtMo said:

To use the internet, yes - log in and log out.  BUT... important to know that you can imessage (Apple devices) without logging on, just be being connected to the ship's wifi.  This is for text only, you cannot send photos this way.

This is good to know. That will be the primary use. 

On 5/14/2023 at 8:55 AM, lisa928 said:

We did a cruise in November and I upgraded the first morning (after the first night).  We had wifi up until late the first night leaving NYC but found when I upgrading on day 2 it was cheaper, as it was one less day.  I am hoping someone can say if that is still the case.

I don't know if it works past a certain day though.  

Upgrading on day 2 for 1 day cheaper has been in effect for years. I haven read that it's been changed this year.

And it only works till day 2. I was told for day 3+ the offer disappears but you can goto the internet mgr and he can do it at the same upgrade price as day2.

But here's something new (2023):

It's not upgrading your minutes to unlimited. It's outright buying an unlimited package for $100.

• Thanks 1