FYI - $250 cruisefirst

dbrown84

36 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Looking for the $250 cruise first certificates. I see they were offered for Mother's day, does anyone know if they ever offer them for Father's Day?

You're literally one day too late as they were being offered yesterday.  They seem to be offered a lot lately, so I'd expect to see them soon.  Maybe even for father's day.  Also look out for 4th and Labor day "sales".

27 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

You're literally one day too late as they were being offered yesterday.  They seem to be offered a lot lately, so I'd expect to see them soon.  Maybe even for father's day.  Also look out for 4th and Labor day "sales".

Where do you learn about these sales? At NCL.com? I rarely check their home page, but I guess I better start!😉

49 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Yes, I realize that. We were going to purchase them this morning and just our luck they are not offered.  I should have done it yesterday but I had just heard of them and wanted to do my research. We will wait for Father's Day and see but really want to get these 3 cruises booked!  Hoping they show up again.

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We will wait for Father's Day and see but really want to get these 3 cruises booked!  Hoping they show up again.

The $250 CF certificates have come back up 3 times since January 2023. Go to the NCL.com main page and note the countdown of the current sale. Then check back when that one ends, to see if the $250 is back.

On 5/12/2023 at 10:44 AM, RocketMan275 said:

Cruisefirst Terms and Conditions.

You'll note tha the T&C state that CF can only be applied to new reservations.

Some have reported success in applying to previous bookings.

https://www.ncl.com/terms/cruisefirst

I didn't actually try, but I was making a payment on an already booked cruise and it looked like the system would have allowed me to use a CruiseFirst.  I didn't, so I can't say with certainty.

Was able to book with this promo, but wanting to cancel unfortunately it is non-refundable and only given as FCC.  Want my money back as we want to go on a different vacation other than a cruise!

7 minutes ago, dmbcanada said:

Was able to book with this promo, but wanting to cancel unfortunately it is non-refundable and only given as FCC.  Want my money back as we want to go on a different vacation other than a cruise!

I'm sure the terms said it was non-refundable when you bought it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dmbcanada said:

I foresee an NCL cruise in your future.🔮🎱🥠.

In all honesty…find a future cruise, book it and enjoy every minute.  Find a cruise in shoulder periods around 120 days out (plus/minus 140-121 days out), and you may find the best pricing.  Just my opinion after watching pricing for awhile.  Again…you won’t find a deal cruising in high demand periods.  But if able to cruise shoulder periods…you can optimize your CruiseFirst certificate. It’s not a loss..just a deposit on a future adventure.  happy cruising.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dmbcanada said:

Maybe you should have read the fine print? I missed the $250/$500 deal because I took a day to read all of the fine print but at least I know what I am getting into. Would rather have taken the extra day to read and figure out what I am purchasing before I jump in and purchase then regret it.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2023 at 12:26 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Here's the pertinent section from the T&C:

1. CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date.  Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled / rebooked reservations.  If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed.

Looks to me that you cannot use these on existing reservations even though insist they have. I'm not willing to take a chance.

Has NCL ever let guests apply 2 Cruise First Certificates to a single reservation?

5 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

Has NCL ever let guests apply 2 Cruise First Certificates to a single reservation?

I have no experience with that.  I've only purchased one CF and had no issue applying it.  I read the T&C about only applying it to a new reservation so i bought the CF and then booked the cruise.  My TA had no problem applying it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlondeKajun said:

Are cruise first certificates transferable? I'd like to buy one as a gift .

Yes they are transferable. You might want to read through the terms and conditions before you buy one.  Here is a link to it.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#cruisefirst

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Just a heads up...NCL is offering the $250 cruise first again! Yay!

Sounds like you can only get one of the $250 certificates while currently on a cruise? I'd be interested in getting a $250 (for $500 in the next 3 years, but a booking NET 120 days from now) but I'm not on a cruise right now. We have one scheduled March 2024, but who knows if that $250 CN will be offered then.

If anyone has more info on that please let me know.

Doug

4 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Sounds like you can only get one of the $250 certificates while currently on a cruise?

That sounds like the CruiseNEXT. IYou can only purchade that onboard. But no problem getting them onboard!
This is about the CruiseFIRST. It's my understanding it's available to US residents and can be purchased ahead of cruising. Not being a US resident I don't know more than that.

2 minutes ago, Asawi said:

That sounds like the CruiseNEXT. IYou can only purchade that onboard. But no problem getting them onboard!
This is about the CruiseFIRST. It's my understanding it's available to US residents and can be purchased ahead of cruising. Not being a US resident I don't know more than that.

Thanks. Here's the link for those Cruise First Certificates:

https://www.ncl.com/cruisefirst-program

Doug