Problems paying on Website?

PhotoDennis

I'm trying to complete my final payments for a cruise next month. I'm trying to add an airport transfer and to prepay the crew gratuity. But, whenever I go to check out my cart, I get this...

"polarErrorCode: 9000; errorDescription: An unexpected response condition code has been received.; errorAdvisory: 0006-INVALID DATA ENTERED - PR;"  

Does anyone have any idea? My guess is that it isn't asking for the security code on my card.

I called the number but gave up after being on hold for like 30 minutes.

Has anyone else seen this?

15 minutes ago, PhotoDennis said:

I'm trying to complete my final payments for a cruise next month. I'm trying to add an airport transfer and to prepay the crew gratuity. But, whenever I go to check out my cart, I get this...

"polarErrorCode: 9000; errorDescription: An unexpected response condition code has been received.; errorAdvisory: 0006-INVALID DATA ENTERED - PR;"  

Does anyone have any idea? My guess is that it isn't asking for the security code on my card.

I called the number but gave up after being on hold for like 30 minutes.

Has anyone else seen this?

I had the same issue about a month ago, also trying to pre-pay gratuities and airport transfers.  I would input all my card details but then I'd get the 'circle' going around and around until either it timed out or I got fed up and hit reload.  Mostly I didn't get any error message but sometimes it would say my payment hadn't been approved and tell me to check I had enough credit on my account!  Although I knew that wasn't the issue, I did try another credit card but with the same result.  

After a couple of days I phoned (UK) and was told they were aware of a problem "with Seattle" and that they couldn't take payment either.  A week later I phoned again and this time one agent was able to take payment for the airport transfers but had to get a different agent to phone me back to take payment for the gratuities. 

I know HAL's IT is notoriously poor but even for them this is bad if they still haven't fixed the issue over a month later, especially when it's the system whereby we pay them money which I would expect to be their priority.

I just paid for excursions which had had the  waitlist open up. I used a New Zealand Visa card and the Edge browser and it worked just fine.  Worth a go changing browsers 

Edited by lissie

Well, I’ve tried everything I can possibly think of to book a flight:  different login access points on the HAL site, an iPad, a desktop, chrome, edge, etc.  Sometimes I get close to the final confirmation but always get the spinning circle at various phases, whether that be the start, the middle, or the end.  I have wasted so many hours on this that my brain is mush.  I guess I can take some “comfort” in the fact that others are having the same problem.  I’m going to bed and will try again in the morning.  

When I had the issue I tried Chrome and Edge on a desktop and Safari on an ipad, cleared browsing histories, anything and everything I could think of, all to no avail. 

Fortunately when I booked the actual cruise, only a day prior, I didn't have any trouble at all, it was quite happy to take that money off me!  I haven't needed to book anything since so don't know if I'd still have the same problem.

Have tried a few more things.

I was trying to both pre-pay the crew gratuity and book the shuttle from SEA to YVR. I tried doing them one at a time.

It let me pre-pay the gratuity but not book the shuttle.

I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge at this point.

I guess I will have to call or just find my own way from Seattle to Vancouver.