Staying in Touch

bowen9475

There are some "free" apps you can use to facetime people too I believe on the social plan.  I am pretty sure my sister in law to be did something like that on the ship and talked to her kids each night. 

I came off the Horizon this past Sunday and bought the Social Package.  I used Whatsapp to converse with kids back home.  imessage also worked for the first few days but then that stopped working so I went back to Whatsapp.  You can aslo send/receive pictures through the app which is great too!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

I came off the Horizon this past Sunday and bought the Social Package.  I used Whatsapp to converse with kids back home.  imessage also worked for the first few days but then that stopped working so I went back to Whatsapp.  You can aslo send/receive pictures through the app which is great too!

That's it, Whatsapp, I couldn't remember the name!

As an FYI, several of the major networks have free cell phone and data usage in Mexico. I have AT&T, and that is the case.  If there are Mexican ports on your itinerary, and you don't need to be in touch 24/7, it is an option when you are in port.