First one onboard Founders Cruise of Vista

slw207693

3 hours ago, Sabbycat said:

Judging by the number of Oceania cruisers who bring many bottles of wine aboard you would have to call half the passenger list tacky. 

No one ever said that bringing wine on board is tacky.  What was said is that taking a glass of wine from your personal stateroom stash to dinner is tacky...and against the rules.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Sabbycat said:

Judging by the number of Oceania cruisers who bring many bottles of wine aboard you would have to call half the passenger list tacky. And no, I would never say it is tacky to bring a bev with you to dinner. You are on vacation and if you are only half finish your drink when it is dinner time, then take the drink with you. People need to stop thinking what others think when it comes to something harmless as taking a drink to dinner. 

You  can take your drink from  a bar to dinner no problem

Taking your drink from your cabin from bottles you brought onboard is the issue

Reading & Comprehension  also seems to be a problem  with some 🙄

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2023 at 2:00 PM, Queen of DaNile said:

This is great to read after all the speculation and negative comments that were being made prior to Vista's first sailing.

Too bad bout la Reserve - we really liked that.  and we can’t sit on those stools so Aquamare won’t do for us.  I am not fussed about it though since almost everything else on Oceania WILL do very well.

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

Too bad bout la Reserve - we really liked that.  and we can’t sit on those stools so Aquamare won’t do for us.  I am not fussed about it though since almost everything else on Oceania WILL do very well.

There are tables and chairs in Aquamare too so you can still eat there.  La Reserve menus are still going to be offered just in a different venue.  There are wonderful pictures and a video including menus in the topic started by steamboats..

Photo review: Vista - Christening Cruise 5/6-5/13/2023

https://www.cruisediary.de/vista-restaurants-an-bord/

Edited by basor

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

It was mentioned that  Privee will have 2 of the La Reserve  menus   but not how that works  for booking

48 minutes ago, basor said:

There are tables and chairs in Aquamare too so you can still eat there.  La Reserve menus are still going to be offered just in a different venue.  There are wonderful pictures and a video including menus in the topic started by steamboats..

Photo review: Vista - Christening Cruise 5/6-5/13/2023

https://www.cruisediary.de/vista-restaurants-an-bord/

Loved Steamboats comments and photos.  She is great.   Will follow up on the La Réserve clone...  we love la Réserve.   thanks!! Merci!  Danke Schön, Grazie!!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 12:04 PM, slw207693 said:

Just a quick note on the wine  glass from room issue. If you have the complete drinks package you aren’t ‘cheating’ if you start a glass in your cabin and take it with you. Any concerns about the shape of the glass- take one you got from one of the bars with you back to the cabin. 
We’ve never had an issue. We bring a few bottles less for the quality of the wine and more to avoid running up to the Waves Bar or Horizons to get it. 

On 5/21/2023 at 3:11 AM, ChadnKate said:
On 5/19/2023 at 5:04 AM, slw207693 said:

Just a quick note on the wine  glass from room issue. If you have the complete drinks package you aren’t ‘cheating’ if you start a glass in your cabin and take it with you. Any concerns about the shape of the glass- take one you got from one of the bars with you back to the cabin. 
We’ve never had an issue. We bring a few bottles less for the quality of the wine and more to avoid running up to the Waves Bar or Horizons to get it. 

We are not drinkers but I am not so sure if I am reading this correctly.

Even if you have the maximum drink package I don't believe you are allowed to take a glass of wine from your room from a bottle you brought on board to a dining venue.  This would seem to circumvent the $25 corkage fee price which you still pay even if you have the maximum beverage package.  Of course apologies if I have this incorrect.  

As basically non drinkers we are thrilled about all of the options O has to allow us to keep our price down but it sure can get a little complicated.  Maybe easier soon when basic beer and wine at meals will be included.

19 minutes ago, Woofa said:

We are not drinkers but I am not so sure if I am reading this correctly.

Even if you have the maximum drink package I don't believe you are allowed to take a glass of wine from your room from a bottle you brought on board to a dining venue.  This would seem to circumvent the $25 corkage fee price which you still pay even if you have the maximum beverage package.  Of course apologies if I have this incorrect.  

As basically non drinkers we are thrilled about all of the options O has to allow us to keep our price down but it sure can get a little complicated.  Maybe easier soon when basic beer and wine at meals will be included.

You are correct - personal liquor brought onboard is for consumption in your room except you can bring a bottle of wine from your personal cabin stash to a public venue and pay the $25.00 corkage fee.   Having either of the current beverage packages does not affect this rule.....

Edited by basor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe  O will start only allowing 1 bottle of wine per person to be brought onboard like other lines 😈

NO beer or spirits

That would certainly solve the problem with the cheaters  🤔

I will be posting a separate review of MY overall thoughts on Vista.   I have been asked what “mementos” we received for the Founders cruise.  

upon embarkation there was a leather bound notebook with Vista name on it and a scarf with what I was told was Vista “colors” (shades of yellow, umber”).   At the end of the cruise was a white candy style dish with Vista stepped in middle, however it was wrapped (because there was a note telling us this) in a Japanese style scarf that had a V all over it - I unwrapped it before I took picture 8AE71469-7B87-415B-BA3B-B97ED9358421.thumb.jpeg.278b2cc9e7608cfbf8420560b2f5fa44.jpegC34C0567-5163-4A8C-9986-6B48F8637A1D.thumb.jpeg.2c5b1e98d55ccc3e4ccfafc89c975bdd.jpegB956E153-DE08-454F-BFF9-FB8FE0D4791B.thumb.jpeg.05fb42f6642791801298cb5976d29df8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am disappointed with the loss of a walk in closet.  The new set up seems awkward when two people are accessing the closets at once.  It reminds me of a dorm room.  I know it’s off topic but I thought you were allowed to bring a bottle of the Oceania suites and above suites selected cabin wines to dinner without a corkage fee.  This ship looks beautiful thank you for sharing!

1 hour ago, grifdoglover said:

I know it’s off topic but I thought you were allowed to bring a bottle of the Oceania suites and above suites selected cabin wines to dinner without a corkage fee.  

You don't pay corkage for the wine included in the bar set up in the named suites.  You already paid for the privilege. 

2 hours ago, grifdoglover said:

I  I know it’s off topic but I thought you were allowed to bring a bottle of the Oceania suites and above suites selected cabin wines to dinner without a corkage fee.  This ship looks beautiful thank you for sharing!

Yes if you get a bottle of wine/Champagne  in your cabin you can bring it  to a dining venue  no charge

Only on bottles YOU bring onboard are you charged  the corkage fee (some exceptions may apply)

• Like 1