Costa Maya National Beach Break

boozrcruzr

41 minutes ago, boozrcruzr said:

Anyone been here? It looks like a very nice place but a little on the high side.

I have seen old reviews if you use the search feature but not since cruising resumed. You will probably find more on TA it isn’t generally a cruiser “hangout” probably because of the price and because it is just in the middle of the malecon with everywhere else. It is one of the few locations with a small pool.

Edited by c-leg5

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I have seen old reviews if you use the search feature but not since cruising resumed. You will probably find more on TA it isn’t generally a cruiser “hangout” probably because of the price and because it is just in the middle of the malecon with everywhere else. It is one of the few locations with a small pool.

Thank you for the respose. I haven't seen anything updated recently thats why I was asking.  I'm about to profess my ignorance but what is TA and malecon? 

3 hours ago, boozrcruzr said:

Thank you for the respose. I haven't seen anything updated recently thats why I was asking.  I'm about to profess my ignorance but what is TA and malecon? 

Lol! Sorry, the Malecon was the pedestrian-way built by the Mexican government in the town of Mahahual (just outside Costs Maya) after the hurricane several years ago. It is the main route through town with hotels, bars, businesses on one side of road and beach and loungers on the other.

TA is TripAdvisor it will have reviews from people staying in town, not day visitors.

10 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Lol! Sorry, the Malecon was the pedestrian-way built by the Mexican government in the town of Mahahual (just outside Costs Maya) after the hurricane several years ago. It is the main route through town with hotels, bars, businesses on one side of road and beach and loungers on the other.

TA is TripAdvisor it will have reviews from people staying in town, not day visitors.

Thank you for your help....I will take a look at this and see what they have to say.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, boozrcruzr said:

Thank you for your help....I will take a look at this and see what they have to say.

If you use Google maps, you can go to “street view” and Nacional beach club. You can do a 360° and see the hotel, an open road (malecon) and the beach in front.

I agree it looks nice! Taxi will be $4pp each way. Lets us know how it goes if you book.

9 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

If you use Google maps, you can go to “street view” and Nacional beach club. You can do a 360° and see the hotel, an open road (malecon) and the beach in front.

I agree it looks nice! Taxi will be $4pp each way. Lets us know how it goes if you book.

I will do this...thank you!

8 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

As I recall, Evan, the owner (or past owner) used to make excellent margaritas.  And I think the chef did as well.  Stay guests raved about his food.

Can't wait to find out!

10 hours ago, boozrcruzr said:

Can't wait to find out!

Enjoy,   I think their offering of a cruise package is relatively new (post COVID?).  In the past they avoided this.  So prices being higher than other all inclusives is probably an attempt to limit crowds and avoid too much interference with staying guests  while at least capturing some revenue.