Oasis Boardwalk Balcony - (another) cabin view question

Hi, first time booking a boardwalk balcony because of pricing. Always sail in Ocean View Balconies.

I tried researching the different options and the closest to aft for my sailing is cabin 9325. The only other deck with cabins in the last four aft section is deck 14 and from reading posts I believe this will be obstructed by the bridge.

Anyone have any photos or experience from 9325 or similar post abyss?  The only video I could find was before this was installed. I'm wondering how un/obstructed the view would be of the Aquatheater.

Thanks! 

We had 9705 which is the other side of the ship, and up a little further toward mid-ship. So I don't think my experience will help, BUT I was able to find this video, which is the deck above you, and back a few rooms...but should be able to give you an idea of the view....https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/slideshow-cabin.php?ship=Oasis-of-the-Seas&cabin=10329

• Like 2

I haven’t been on deck 9 since the abyss was added, though we still enjoyed our view from deck 11.  Due to the curve of the slide, I think it will be closer to the cabins at deck 9 than deck 11; that might impact the view a bit.

Regardless if the feedback about the view you get here, I suggest you just book the best available cabin now.  Then watch cabin availability.  If a better one in your category pops up (somebody cancels or moves or changes category), call and change to the better one.

The best cabin for you is not necessarily the best cabin for someone else (they may not want that long walk, they may want a cabin closer to a travel companion’s cabin, etc).   A cabin you want become available…or maybe not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Hi, first time booking a boardwalk balcony because of pricing. Always sail in Ocean View Balconies.

I tried researching the different options and the closest to aft for my sailing is cabin 9325. The only other deck with cabins in the last four aft section is deck 14 and from reading posts I believe this will be obstructed by the bridge.

Anyone have any photos or experience from 9325 or similar post abyss?  The only video I could find was before this was installed. I'm wondering how un/obstructed the view would be of the Aquatheater.

Thanks! 

Hi - we had that room in Aug 2022 - it was our 1st BW balcony.   My biggest complaint was that the 2nd Aqua show of the night started at 10pm or so - and it played until after 11pm.  I love the 80s soundtrack but....   we were able to see parts of the AquaTheatre but if you're trying to see the show - go and sit in the regular seats for the full effect (my opinion) - although we did enjoy watching the rehearsals and the show from the balcony after we'd already seen the show.

I really thought I had more than 1 pic from the balcony but apparently not - but I do have a few from the AT looking "thru" the Abyss to our balcony too...

20220821_135920.jpg

20220826_102233.jpg

7 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Thanks! 

I sure hope that aren't driving the ship  in a bridge that is on the aft section of your ship. Could be very hard to drive and dock the ship from there since all the mechanical  controls are in the bridge at the front of the ship.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I sure hope that aren't driving the ship  in a bridge that is on the aft section of your ship. Could be very hard to drive and dock the ship from there since all the mechanical  controls are in the bridge at the front of the ship.

The bridge connecting port and starboard on deck 15 by the flowriders.  It makes sense if you know oasis class ships.  

40 minutes ago, topnole said:

The bridge connecting port and starboard on deck 15 by the flowriders.  It makes sense if you know oasis class ships.  

Know exactly where it is. Thanks

4 hours ago, Snoopycollector said:

Hi - we had that room in Aug 2022 - it was our 1st BW balcony.   My biggest complaint was that the 2nd Aqua show of the night started at 10pm or so - and it played until after 11pm.  I love the 80s soundtrack but....   we were able to see parts of the AquaTheatre but if you're trying to see the show - go and sit in the regular seats for the full effect (my opinion) - although we did enjoy watching the rehearsals and the show from the balcony after we'd already seen the show.

I really thought I had more than 1 pic from the balcony but apparently not - but I do have a few from the AT looking "thru" the Abyss to our balcony too...

20220821_135920.jpg

20220826_102233.jpg

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. I’ve been on the Oasis before so I’ve seen the show the way it was meant to be seen. I plan on watching once from the theater this time around as well. I just wanted to know if the view otherwise would be nice enough and it is. I’m not usually in the room before 11pm anyway so not worried about the late shows.

• Like 1