On line check in day- 15th May- no success for me!

cruisinclined

Well, like many of us I diarised today 15th May to do my check in but 'no go'.

We sail in around 3 weeks time so was ready to sign in and check in and - having paid in full, saw that the amount supposedly owing was still on screen but had risen ten fold!

I did not mind waiting until today but did expect, either an apology on screen saying the system is not ready or the ability to check in, neither was in evidence.

Others have the same experience?

• Thanks 1

We will board our first Azamara cruise on May 25th, so I am not sure what to expect.  I was able to enter our passport and COVID-19 vacciniation information but expected to be able to download and print our luggage tags.  Our other information, such as final payment, etc. is correct.  Crossing our fingers that all will be well when we board next week.

1 minute ago, hokiefans said:

We will board our first Azamara cruise on May 25th, so I am not sure what to expect.  I was able to enter our passport and COVID-19 vacciniation information but expected to be able to download and print our luggage tags.  Our other information, such as final payment, etc. is correct.  Crossing our fingers that all will be well when we board next week.

Luggage tags are the absolute LAST thing you need.  Don't stress.

• Like 4

Just had an email from Azamara saying that on line check in was not going to be available.

That is fine with us as long as we know the process. 

We will check in at the port as we have many time previously with other lines mainly.

That may slow overall checking in times  somewhat but there you go.

Information also given is that the port for Barcelona for 3 June is Moll Adossat which is the main cruise port and has spacious check in facilities.

Sure all will be well and Az could have just told us all that a while ago. They are under pressure at the moment and we understand that.

Not in any doubt that the cruise will be a wow!

I also got this mail and I am fine with it. But there where several mistakes in. For example the terminal for embarkation was given the name of one in South America not Barcelona.

37 minutes ago, beatnix said:

I also got this mail and I am fine with it. But there where several mistakes in. For example the terminal for embarkation was given the name of one in South America not Barcelona.

Could I ask what port name you found on the site you checked? As stated above I saw Moll Adossat which I understand  to be the main cruise port in Barcelona. They have used a port site called World Trade Centre (WTC) regularly in the past and that was what I expected this June. 

We should receive (or TA) the final briefing containing such details close to departure.

If you are on Journey 3rd June, I believe we will be embarking from the World Trade Centre.  Information posted on our Roll Call.

Last April in Barcelona we were at Moll Adossat because there was construction work at the World Trade Centre. Previously with Azamara we have always been at the WTC.  Regardless the two locations are only 10 minutes apart so local taxi driver will be able to divert on the day if necessary.

Edited by Mrs Miggins
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cruisinclined said:

Could I ask what port name you found on the site you checked? As stated above I saw Moll Adossat which I understand  to be the main cruise port in Barcelona. They have used a port site called World Trade Centre (WTC) regularly in the past and that was what I expected this June. 

We should receive (or TA) the final briefing containing such details close to departure.

We received travelling documents for Azamara troughout our TA (it is in German as we do live in Austria).

Terminal Benito Quinquela Martin is in Buenos Aires. But there is also an information attached how to get to port of Barcelona.

I usualy use website of port of Barcelona where you find a forecast of arrivels on bottom of the site.

https://www.portdebarcelona.cat/en/web/port-dels-negocis/165

Moll Barcelona = World trade center

And after arrivial in Barcelona I look up at marinetraffic.com where the ship is docked.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 101934.jpg

15 hours ago, cruisinclined said:

Information also given is that the port for Barcelona for 3 June is Moll Adossat which is the main cruise port and has spacious check in facilities.

The ports website says Moll Barelona for Journey on 2 - 3 June.

3 hours ago, beatnix said:

We received travelling documents for Azamara troughout our TA (it is in German as we do live in Austria).

Terminal Benito Quinquela Martin is in Buenos Aires. But there is also an information attached how to get to port of Barcelona.

I usualy use website of port of Barcelona where you find a forecast of arrivels on bottom of the site.

https://www.portdebarcelona.cat/en/web/port-dels-negocis/165

Moll Barcelona = World trade center

And after arrivial in Barcelona I look up at marinetraffic.com where the ship is docked.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 101934.jpg

The terminal Benito Quintela is in Buenos Aires! 😳 This is becoming ridiculous.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Haha 1