covid and cruising

I have a friend who wanted me to reach out and ask a question for her. she is cruising on Sunday. She was sick last week and tested positive for covid on wednesday. she is feeling fine now and tested negative today monday  will she be able to cruise next week. she is concerned because of the health wellness questions she will be asked at check-in and doesn't want to be flagged and go through a hassle

We have been on at least t 7 cruises since November and no one asked if we had Covid recently.  We did come down with Covid 2 days after we got home from 1. and were supposed to go on another the following week which we cancelled so a not to infect anyone.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2023 at 2:04 PM, DAVLIB007 said:

aren't they going to ask her if she had covid in the last 14 days or is that still on the checkin questions

It was one of the questions on the health screening we had last.  My assumption is that if you answer yes, which is what she should do, they'll take her aside for an additional screening.  Is she still testing positive?

4 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

It was one of the questions on the health screening we had last.  My assumption is that if you answer yes, which is what she should do, they'll take her aside for an additional screening.  Is she still testing positive?

The OP said she tested negative

• Like 1

As of last month the health questionnaire did not ask anything about testing.  The words “test” and “positive” were not on the questionnaire. It asked yes/no if you were vaccinated, boosted, pregnant, and had any listed symptoms in the previous 24 hours.

Royal website doesn't even have much of anything about it anymore.   It's become such a non-issue with symptoms basically being a bad cold at most.  I don't know anyone who has had it for months now.  We threw out our tests and don't plan on buying more.  We only had the tests for cruising.   We just cruised in April and I'm pretty positive the questions had to do with cold like symptoms, not actual diagnosis.

• Like 2

I just got off the WOS, this was not asked.  I dont' know if different ports ask different questions.  The CDC rule is 5 days from positive wear a mask, if symptomatic wear mask until symptoms disappear. If she has no symptoms, she will pass the questions. Many folks run positive for weeks, its now focused on active symptoms.  I hope this helps

19 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Ok...what?

It's because we are not permitted to discuss covid on here.  3 years later...

We really shouldn't as how many ask if they have a virus can they cruise?

The point is no one comes on here and asks about other virus', only covid. Covid is a just a virus now and needs to be treated like one. No extra care needs to be taken anymore for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

It's because we are not permitted to discuss covid on here.  3 years later...

We really shouldn't as how many ask if they have a virus can they cruise?

The point is no one comes on here and asks about other virus', only covid. Covid is a just a virus now and needs to be treated like one. No extra care needs to be taken anymore for it.

Agreed.  

• Like 1