1st Silverseas Cruise Embarking May 20, 2023

Keata

Very excited to be trying the Silver Moon this Saturday.  I am all checked in but don't see  printable luggage tags anywhere.  Are they not provided in advance? They are transfering us from the Rome airport to the pier.

Thank you in advance 

Hi, welcome to Silversea and nope, luggage tags are not provided in advance. You can get them at the pier. 

Hope you have a great cruise🙂

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lois R said:

Hi, welcome to Silversea and nope, luggage tags are not provided in advance. You can get them at the pier. 

Hope you have a great cruise🙂

Is that new?  Albeit, it was a few years ago, but Silversea sent mine to me.

8 minutes ago, spencgr said:

Is that new?  Albeit, it was a few years ago, but Silversea sent mine to me.

They stopped sending luggage tags at least 2 years ago. I sailed when they had the re-start in June 2021 and I never got any luggage tags from that point forward. They stopped sending them and never started with them again. 

Have to say while a bit disappointed there are no pre-cruise Silver Boxes, luggage tags, etc., anymore I really didn’t miss them when we boarded in Ft Lauderdale this past January.  The porters were right there with luggage tags and fill them out with our suite numbers in front of us.  I can’t imagine how this works with mass market lines and their big ships but on Silversea it was not an issue.   Boarding a Silversea ship from when we first cruised with them in 2012 until our most recent cruise has always been a delight compared to our previous embarkation experiences on other lines.   

• Like 1

Never sailed anything but Silversea, but have certainly seen videos of the chaos at check-in and the waits for embarking and disembarking on other ships.  The ease of "here I am, please take these to my cabin" is such a great luxury feeling.  We pay for it, biut worth it IMO.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, frankhi said:

I have my first SS cruise coming up and embarkation, as described here, sounds great. Is disembarkation similar?

Again you’re not dealing with potentially a thousand or many more passengers trying to get off at the end of a cruise.   We have never been faced with wading through a sea of bags trying to find ours at the end of a Silversea cruise.  As much as we dislike having to leave a cruise it still isn’t with the same drama and hassle of a mass market disembarkation.

Edited by Randyk47

13 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

I can’t imagine how this works with mass market lines and their big ships but on Silversea it was not an issue.

The other RCG lines include printable tags in the cruise docs *.pdf that they email about 30 days before the cruise.  A lot of folks pick up a set of very popular durable sleeves to fold/stuff them into:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WPW9MJH

1 hour ago, canderson said:

The other RCG lines include printable tags in the cruise docs *.pdf that they email about 30 days before the cruise.  A lot of folks pick up a set of very popular durable sleeves to fold/stuff them into:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WPW9MJH

True and that’s the way it was on Holland America years ago but we haven’t cruised with them since we switched to Silversea 12 years ago.   Back then there were people who didn’t or couldn’t download their luggage tags so they’d wait until the cruise terminal and have the porters take care of it.  Those luckily were usually a small percentage of passengers or it would be a nightmare.   Holland America used to mail out a blue documents folder with luggage tags, etc., and it was popular to post about the “documents dance” upon its arrival.  They went to only download documents even before we left them and I have no idea what they do today post-pandemic.

19 hours ago, Keata said:

Very excited to be trying the Silver Moon this Saturday.  I am all checked in but don't see  printable luggage tags anywhere.  Are they not provided in advance? They are transfering us from the Rome airport to the pier.

Thank you in advance 

I hope you meant Sunday. On Saturday the Moon is anchored off Sorrento.

We get off in Cittavechia on Sunday and then head to the airport.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that we are back I just wanted to check in and say we loved the Silver Moon!  We found the food exceptional, the crew fantastic and the smaller size ship to our liking.  We used the Arts Cafe every late afternoon - what a wonderful way to wind down from your day.  We did find the lack of "main-stage" entertainment disappointing but it would never be a deal breaker for us. While we enjoyed La Dame I wouldn't go again.  We found Atlantide so delicious that there was no real need for the other.  Thanks to all you past SS cruisers who helped us along the way!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Keata said:

Now that we are back I just wanted to check in and say we loved the Silver Moon!  We found the food exceptional, the crew fantastic and the smaller size ship to our liking.  We used the Arts Cafe every late afternoon - what a wonderful way to wind down from your day.  We did find the lack of "main-stage" entertainment disappointing but it would never be a deal breaker for us. While we enjoyed La Dame I wouldn't go again.  We found Atlantide so delicious that there was no real need for the other.  Thanks to all you past SS cruisers who helped us along the way!

Welcome home and glad to see you had such a good cruise🙂

• Like 1