When can I complete the health questionnaire? also problem adding a credit card?

hjlee7215

Our cruise Seascape is 34 days away.

I already finished the online check in but on the beginning of the web check in page, it says "complete the health questionnaire and accept our passage contract as quickly as possibleI cannot locate the health questionnaire anywhere.  Will it be available within the 20 days from the embarkation when the E-ticket is ready?  

Also, I am having a problem adding my credit card to the passengers.  I tried multiple times and keep getting a error message.  Other family friends that are traveling with us are having the same issue.  Anyone having same issue?

MCS's website is really horrible.

MSC has a special phone line for help with online checkin, because they really, really need it 🙄. I had four problems with mine and had to call.  I input my SO’s credit card number (because it insisted mine was not valid) and it somehow inserted my name as “name on card”.  I am not on that account and knew it would not end well, but I couldn’t change it.  When I called I was told I had to change it on board. I will not even bother trying to input the cc info next time.  

9 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

B) but doing so keeps you from having to track down machine and stand in line on first day.

In past posts it has been said that whether or not you enter cc info prior to boarding you still need to go to a kiosk and activate your cc there. We have never entered cc info prior to boarding (10+ MSC cruises) and once on board we either go to a kiosk immediately (no one is at any of them yet hence no line) or wait a day or two and stop by a kiosk (no lines then), there isn’t anything to say you need to activate cc at a kiosk the first day. I still maintain entering cc info prior to boarding does nothing. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cellfree said:

In past posts it has been said that whether or not you enter cc info prior to boarding you still need to go to a kiosk and activate your cc there. We have never entered cc info prior to boarding (10+ MSC cruises) and once on board we either go to a kiosk immediately (no one is at any of them yet hence no line) or wait a day or two and stop by a kiosk (no lines then), there isn’t anything to say you need to activate cc at a kiosk the first day. I still maintain entering cc info prior to boarding does nothing. 

Because I attempted to add cc info and the website malfunctioned (my name associated with a card that is not mine),  I had to go to Guest Services and explain three times what the problem was.  A supervisor was eventually able to remove that card and allow us to use the kiosk with the correct card.  That took way more time and trouble than it should have.  I will not enter cc on future cruises. 

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Because I attempted to add cc info and the website malfunctioned (my name associated with a card that is not mine),  I had to go to Guest Services and explain three times what the problem was.  A supervisor was eventually able to remove that card and allow us to use the kiosk with the correct card.  That took way more time and trouble than it should have.  I will not enter cc on future cruises. 

Yikes! I have no idea why they ask for cc prior to boarding when it is not necessary and only frustrates cruisers when doing on-line check-in (and gives them something else to complain about).

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Yikes! I have no idea why they ask for cc prior to boarding when it is not necessary and only frustrates cruisers when doing on-line check-in (and gives them something else to complain about).

I think the key to successfully/easily booking with MSC is to keep it simple. Think carefully about what you want before booking so you can avoid calling to make changes, and do only what is required. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cellfree said:

Not true, sorry. Enter online, they activate $250. Use as you need. If you spend more they take that amount. If you do not spend it, they return. At least this is the current procesd on SEASIDE

We did the credit card stuff after boarding. It was quick and easy -- and we are people who shun self-checkouts, ATMs, and phones. While we were there we reserved all our shows.  I highly recommend just waiting til you are on the ship.

I believe we did the health checklist in the terminal, while checking in.

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Thank you. It would be greatly appreciated..  🙂

She says that during check in it asked to register a cc. Once onboard we checked at a machine with the help of staff cause I wasn't sure we did it right. Machine showed $250 balance and employee said: "oh yes you can validate card online and skip the machine." We spent over the %250 and the difference was a charge on card w_o any staff interaction. Easy peasy.

32 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

She says that during check in it asked to register a cc. Once onboard we checked at a machine with the help of staff cause I wasn't sure we did it right. Machine showed $250 balance and employee said: "oh yes you can validate card online and skip the machine." We spent over the %250 and the difference was a charge on card w_o any staff interaction. Easy peasy.

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem is nobody can get it to work. Some people called MSC and were told that you cant do it online. 

thanks again

8 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem is nobody can get it to work. Some people called MSC and were told that you cant do it online. 

thanks again

She entered it on a computer, not a cell phone. Wonder if that makes a difference. Some peep can't get it to work but not  "nobody." We talked to several onboard who also entered their card online. CC # and person's name must match. I would try it again but that's just me.

11 hours ago, ravensrockdc said:

Is the health questionaire still required??

Yes, it is the standard before Covid type questions. If you don't do it before arriving at the port you will do it at check-in. Nothing about Covid, people make such a big deal but this is actually less questions that other lines asked before Covid. You can have a fever even and get on the ship LOL.

Here are the questions: 

Do you or any person listed below have a fever, feels feverish PLUS has any ONE of the following additional symptoms?
- Cough, Runny Nose, Sore Throat
- Within the last 2 days, have you or any person listed below developed any symptoms of vomiting and/or diarrhea?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, you will be assessed free of charge by a member of our
shipboard medical staff

14 minutes ago, Brighton Line said:

Yes, it is the standard before Covid type questions. If you don't do it before arriving at the port you will do it at check-in. Nothing about Covid, people make such a big deal but this is actually less questions that other lines asked before Covid. You can have a fever even and get on the ship LOL.

Here are the questions: 

Do you or any person listed below have a fever, feels feverish PLUS has any ONE of the following additional symptoms?
- Cough, Runny Nose, Sore Throat
- Within the last 2 days, have you or any person listed below developed any symptoms of vomiting and/or diarrhea?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, you will be assessed free of charge by a member of our
shipboard medical staff

Thanks, I have no problem about any preboard questions. I had forgotten there were issues before the virus.. Hopefully a byproduct of it is better hygiene or just more handwashing.. no one wants to lose weight on a cruise. Being confined to your cabin isn't fun..unless you WANT to be.. Cheers all..

• Haha 1

We are traveling with 2 adult sons who are getting a "free cruise" but not the extras like alcohol, entertainment, etc - so they are putting their cruise card with their credit card.