OLife beverage package

forevertravel

1 minute ago, forevertravel said:

Does the beverage package includes all types of drink at all times, or just beer/wine at lunch and dinner? Thank you.

O offers 2 different beverage packages so depends upon which you are speaking.  The beverage package that comes with OLife is their select package which includes all non-alcoholic drinks 24/7 (which is included for everyone, drink package or not) and beer and wine at lunch and dinner.  If you choose the OLife beverage package and want to have all (almost some high end excluded) 24/7 you can upgrade to their prestige package once onboard.  Both people do not have to upgrade. 

2 minutes ago, basor said:

O offers 2 different beverage packages so depends upon which you are speaking.  The beverage package that comes with OLife is their select package which includes all non-alcoholic drinks 24/7 (which is included for everyone, drink package or not) and beer and wine at lunch and dinner.  If you choose the OLife beverage package and want to have all (almost some high end excluded) 24/7 you can upgrade to their prestige package once onboard.  Both people do not have to upgrade. 

One doesn't need the OLife package for non-alcoholic drinks 24/7.  They are included in the basic (cruise-only) fare.

• Like 1

Just now, 1985rz1 said:

One doesn't need the OLife package for non-alcoholic drinks 24/7.  They are included in the basic (cruise-only) fare.

Which is why I said that in my remarks....includes all non-alcoholic drinks 24/7 (which is included for everyone, drink package or not)

Thank you. I guess the select package does not work for us. We cruise on Regent and are used to drinks at all times. I won't pay $69/day to upgrade. I would like to sail on Vista but I'm too used and like "all inclusive" on Regent ships. We all have different things we look for.

Based on how your asked your question, I am going to assume you are new to Oceania as I am.  

Oceania has several ways/approaches to get to the same place on drink packages.  

1. Choose the "O" perk drink package as your, One out of Three perks.  This provides you with the package that gives you Wine and beer at lunch dinner.  
  2. Choose the Prestige Drink package.  This package gives you unlimited Spirits, Wine and Beer when ever a venue is open.  Two ways to get this drink package.  First, get the perk above and upgrade when you are onboard.  Second, as I did, I purchased the Prestige Drink Package pre-cruise.  I used the $600.00 OBC I choose as my perk and paid with my credit card for the balance. 
  3. Happy Hour.  I really like that every evening the bars have a happy hour.  From what I understand, it is two for one drinks.  The give you both drinks at one time.  Most folks just want a drink or two and this seems very efficient for those occasional drinkers in my opinion. 

Soft drinks, juices and waters are provided complementary to all guest regardless of what drink packages selected or not selected.  One more thing, there are some event when wine and beer are provided complementary.  I hope this makes sense.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, forevertravel said:

Thank you. I guess the select package does not work for us. We cruise on Regent and are used to drinks at all times. I won't pay $69/day to upgrade. I would like to sail on Vista but I'm too used and like "all inclusive" on Regent ships. We all have different things we look for.

It does not cost $69.95 to upgrade -( if you chose the Select package as your OLife perk) you just pay the difference between the Select package cost and the prestige package cost.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

1. Happy Hour.  I really like that every evening the bars have a happy hour.  From what I understand, it is two for one drinks.  The give you both drinks at one time.  Most folks just want a drink or two and this seems very efficient for those occasional drinkers in my opinion. 

Aside from Happy Hour, there's usually a "drink of the day" which is sold at a reduced price.  The daily drink changes each day.  As DH does not drink and I don't drink enough to make one of the drink packages make sense, I do take advantage of the 2-for-1 happy hour.  I've never had them bring both drinks at the same time, though.  They've always brought one and then waited until I was ready for the second one.  As long as I placed the order prior to the end of HH, I could take my time and the second drink would be brought when I was ready for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vlthom said:

Aside from Happy Hour, there's usually a "drink of the day" which is sold at a reduced price.  The daily drink changes each day.  As DH does not drink and I don't drink enough to make one of the drink packages make sense, I do take advantage of the 2-for-1 happy hour.  I've never had them bring both drinks at the same time, though.  They've always brought one and then waited until I was ready for the second one.  As long as I placed the order prior to the end of HH, I could take my time and the second drink would be brought when I was ready for it.

I think they may have done away with "drink of the day" with the new bar menus and other bar-features (e.g., bloody Mary bar) that debuted earlier this year. I haven't seen the usual ad in the Currents that have been posted; I'll know for sure in a few weeks if no one with better knowledge chimes in.

2 hours ago, forevertravel said:

yes Oceania  is not all inclusive like Regent

If the same itinerary on both you can do the math & see what works best for you

Some of us do not drink much or do ships tours  so paying Regent prices  are not for everyone

• Like 1

They absolutely do not bring both drinks during Happy Hour at the same time! Would you want to sit and be enjoying a gin and tonic while watching the ice melt in the second one? Or, sit drinking your beer as the other one warms up before you?

They are brought one at a time at your leisurely convenience.

Important notation from above. Drinks from the Premium Package are available when the bars are open. No bars are open until around 11:00, so that Scotch won’t be available until then either. There isn’t 24/7 bar service.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

They absolutely do not bring both drinks during Happy Hour at the same time!

I am the one who said this because it was something that I read some where.  My bad and I apologize to the board.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

Please forgive me if this is an old question but I've spent way too much time searching the forum in vain for an answer. Can you purchase the prestige beverage package once you're on board without having pre-purchased the house select package? All the many Q & A's seem to deal with upgrading scenarios. We have a ridiculous amount of OBC coming to us (the 'retro' OBC from the ESS) that will only be available once we're actually on board. Originally, I had determined we didn't really need either package but now it seems silly not to have the convenience. Thanks - it will be our first Oceania cruise in about 15 years!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, britfan said:

Please forgive me if this is an old question but I've spent way too much time searching the forum in vain for an answer. Can you purchase the prestige beverage package once you're on board without having pre-purchased the house select package? All the many Q & A's seem to deal with upgrading scenarios. We have a ridiculous amount of OBC coming to us (the 'retro' OBC from the ESS) that will only be available once we're actually on board. Originally, I had determined we didn't really need either package but now it seems silly not to have the convenience. Thanks - it will be our first Oceania cruise in about 15 years!

Yes - not a problem, you can purchase either package upon boarding.  There will be tables set up to sell the packages or you can go to Guest Services and take care of it there.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, basor said:

If you choose the OLife beverage package and want to have all (almost some high end excluded) 24/7 you can upgrade to their prestige package once onboard.  Both people do not have to upgrade. 

Really? Can one guest upgrade and the other not?

2 minutes ago, fletcher32 said:

So would it make any sense that the 2 people in the same cabin do the upgrade?

If both people wish to have the upgraded option of any cocktail/liquor, etc. available whenever a bar is open than yes both people in the cabin need to do the upgrade.  If only one person in the cabin drinks then Oceania allows just one person to upgrade or purchase a drink package unlike other cruise lines that require both people in the same cabin to have the same beverage package.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, basor said:

If both people wish to have the upgraded option of any cocktail/liquor, etc. available whenever a bar is open than yes both people in the cabin need to do the upgrade.  If only one person in the cabin drinks then Oceania allows just one person to upgrade or purchase a drink package unlike other cruise lines that require both people in the same cabin to have the same beverage package.  

Since there is no drinks limit, I was thinking more about if it is possible for the 2 people in the same cabin to use the same card

2 minutes ago, fletcher32 said:

Since there is no drinks limit, I was thinking more about if it is possible for the 2 people in the same cabin to use the same card

The drink package is not for sharing...the package is linked to a person not to a cabin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, fletcher32 said:

So would it make any sense that the 2 people in the same cabin do the upgrade?

@fletcher32 I am NEW to Oceania and my first voyage is November 2023.  We have two Suites.  Suite one is my wife and myself the others is for our best friends.   

As you most likely know by now, the Select (Perk) Drink program is ONLY Wine and Beer at lunch and dinner.  If you choose that package, you can upgrade to the Prestige Package on-board. There is some confusion on the Upgrade Amount and it has all the benefits of the buying the Prestige Package upfront.  Specifically the benefit of a % off certain dining special events. 

The other choice is the Prestige Package which is Unlimited Spirits, Wine and Beer.  My understanding which is from this board is the bars onboard open at 11:00 AM.  I am sure but can not verify that you could get something like a Mimosa for breakfast. Yet, I am quite sure someone will confirm or deny that on this board. I am not sure but I think the cost per day for this package recently went up.  There are mixed information. A link to the drink package was a few posts earlier. 

My wife and I  Pre-Purchased the Prestige Drink Package a month or so ago.  It shows on our online Oceania "Managing Your Cruise" information. I used the $600.00 OBC PLUS paid the rest in cash.  Why am I telling you this?  Because I choose NOT to get the drink perk and upgrade on the ship.  Why bother, just get what you want upfront.  Cost about the same. 

The second suite is our friends.  The wife drinks and the husband does not.  I am assisting with their booking.  I got the Wife the Prestige Package and the husband has no drink package.  Again, used what we could of her OBC and paid the rest with a credit card. 

Your question, I can't answer.  If both want Unlimited Spirits, Wine, and Beer than yes.  Upgrade when on board or do what we did and buy what you want now, not an upgrade.  If one wants it and the other does not, all indications is that is not an issue.  I travel on NCL all the time.  NCL forces all members in the cabin to have the same drink package.  Oceania does not.  Lots of things different. I hope I answered your question. 

Cruise Well and Enjoy Every Moment. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@fletcher32 I am NEW to Oceania and my first voyage is November 2023.  We have two Suites.  Suite one is my wife and myself the others is for our best friends.   

As you most likely know by now, the Select (Perk) Drink program is ONLY Wine and Beer at lunch and dinner.  If you choose that package, you can upgrade to the Prestige Package on-board. There is some confusion on the Upgrade Amount and it has all the benefits of the buying the Prestige Package upfront.  Specifically the benefit of a % off certain dining special events. 

The other choice is the Prestige Package which is Unlimited Spirits, Wine and Beer.  My understanding which is from this board is the bars onboard open at 11:00 AM.  I am sure but can not verify that you could get something like a Mimosa for breakfast. Yet, I am quite sure someone will confirm or deny that on this board. I am not sure but I think the cost per day for this package recently went up.  There are mixed information. A link to the drink package was a few posts earlier. 

My wife and I  Pre-Purchased the Prestige Drink Package a month or so ago.  It shows on our online Oceania "Managing Your Cruise" information. I used the $600.00 OBC PLUS paid the rest in cash.  Why am I telling you this?  Because I choose NOT to get the drink perk and upgrade on the ship.  Why bother, just get what you want upfront.  Cost about the same. 

The second suite is our friends.  The wife drinks and the husband does not.  I am assisting with their booking.  I got the Wife the Prestige Package and the husband has no drink package.  Again, used what we could of her OBC and paid the rest with a credit card. 

Your question, I can't answer.  If both want Unlimited Spirits, Wine, and Beer than yes.  Upgrade when on board or do what we did and buy what you want now, not an upgrade.  If one wants it and the other does not, all indications is that is not an issue.  I travel on NCL all the time.  NCL forces all members in the cabin to have the same drink package.  Oceania does not.  Lots of things different. I hope I answered your question. 

Cruise Well and Enjoy Every Moment. 

There are bars/servers available for mimosas, bloody marys. or whatever "morning" drink you might want before 11AM.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1