No itinerary info for SD 2 Nov/Dec?

DisneyJen

Hi all ...

I am trying to find out where SD 2 will be sailing in mid Nov to mid Dec of this year. I looked on the website and it looks like SD2 isn't sailing those couple of weeks. I can't imagine a 3-week charter .... but then again who knows?

Hi all ...

I am trying to find out where SD 2 will be sailing in mid Nov to mid Dec of this year. I looked on the website and it looks like SD2 isn't sailing those couple of weeks. I can't imagine a 3-week charter .... but then again who knows?

Hey DisneyJen,

Maybe it will be in drydock for a routine checkup?

Hi all ...

I don't know, but could probably find out...But then again I bet you can too...

My first thought is the same as yours zqvol and that perhaps it is time for a drydock/check up.

You are right Ctbjr ... I guess I could send an email to get the scoop. I thought perhaps you might know as you are usually one step ahead of me :D

My first thought is the same as yours zqvol and that perhaps it is time for a drydock/check up.

You are right Ctbjr ... I guess I could send an email to get the scoop. I thought perhaps you might know as you are usually one step ahead of me :D

I did find out - they have different charters - 3 weeks in a row. Thanksgiving is available - and then Christmas and New Years.

Thanks for sharing the info surfklutz. I guess that takes care of any SD 2 cruise for us in that timeframe ... unless of course we know someone who is chartering those weeks:rolleyes:

Sometimes it pays to know these charterers! Not that I do....... I'll tell you what - one day I will charter the yacht and invite you to come along!

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would update those of you who might be interested in my ongoing saga to cruise in November in the Caribbean :p

I have found a very nice itinerary that is very reasonably priced on Seabourn's Pride for the week of Nov. 25, roundtrip Barbados.

DH and I really LOVE SD2 but the cruise for that date on SD2, roundtrip out of SJU, in a lower category than what we would sail on Seabourn is almost $1,000:eek: Now I know Ctbjr will tell me to just do the crossing on SD but DH is hesitant and has his heart set on the Caribbean.

Half of me wants to wait to see if the price drops (as it sometimes does closer to the date) but DH wants me to use frequent flyer miles and we all know how that can be:rolleyes:

Have a wonderful cruise Jim ... if you see Christophe please give him my best!

My Dh and I had dinner two weeks ago with FT and Zqvol. We were saying that it would be great fun to get some of the regulars here on the SD board together for a SD cruise (I think that is the way that we can lure FT back on board:p ). FT and Zqvol figured you and Lois would be in ... and I am sure with some arm-twisting we might be able to get ctbjr and his lovely wife to join as well as a few other!

If we do the Seabourn trip I will do a trip report (yes I will Ctbjr!!).

Bon Voyage Jim! And don't forget to post upon your return:D

My Dh and I had dinner two weeks ago with FT and Zqvol. We were saying that it would be great fun to get some of the regulars here on the SD board together for a SD cruise (I think that is the way that we can lure FT back on board:p ). FT and Zqvol figured you and Lois would be in ... and I am sure with some arm-twisting we might be able to get ctbjr and his lovely wife to join as well as a few other!

If we do the Seabourn trip I will do a trip report (yes I will Ctbjr!!).

Bon Voyage Jim! And don't forget to post upon your return:D

DJ,

I'm sure we could be convinced/coerced to join a group on a SD cruise one of these days. As long as it doesn't coflict with any of the 3 that we have on the schedule between now and February '07, that is!

Seabourn, eh? Can't remember if you guys have been on Seabourn before. It's very nice. A different crowd than SD and also that dress code. Ugh. Just be sure they stay away from the coast of Somalia.

I know that Jim will have a great trip and can't wait to see his trip report. I know 2 other couples on that sailing so will be able to compare their reports with his just to make sure he tells all! Have a wonderful cruise Jim. We'll be thinking of you.

I'm booked on this cruise and on the following one from Seville to Tenerife. Am also considering the crossing to San Juan as it will probably be easier (and lots more fun) to stay on board than to arrange flights home from Tenerife.

Anyone else doing any of these segments?

alita

We haven't sailed Seabourn ... And DH is balking at the idea of "no office" (the booths at the Top of the Yacht where Ctbjr and Dh have been know to hold court),no Bali beds, and of course the dress code.

You're making me cry with the 3 on the books:(

Bon voyage alita!

I was just checking the SD itinerary page again ... DH is still not convinced on SB because of the dress code (go figure Ctbjr ... did you call him, lol).

Anyway, there is now a Nov. 19 sailing and a Nov. 26 sailing on SD2 in the Caribbean. I guess I'll be calling SD Monday morning to see what the deal is with now open dates. I wonder if the charters couldn't fill all the cabins ... stay tuned:confused:

Happens a lot that charters fall through for a variety of reasons. My guess is that's what happened here. Be interested to hear what you learn, DJ. Keep us posted.

No, I most certainly did not contact DH but your comment confirms to me that he is as on the ball as I had him figured for. The Nov. 19 sailing includes Thanksgiving. San Juan embarkation and disembarkation are preferable to STT for us as SJU is a nonstop flight away and STT is not. Both itineraries look interesting but the Nov. 26 sailing is a bit more interesting if you ask me (of course, I realize that nobody did). Finally, you'll be interested to know that a favorite Capt. of yours is scheduled to be on board in November.

DJ, does it sound to you as if I'm intrigued?

DH is out bowling with the children so I hope he isn't on the ball:p

The only issue for us with the sailing on the 26th is that DH needs to be in Sweden on Dec. 3. As you may recall, last year we flew to back to NC and the next day he left for Sweden:rolleyes:

I would love to sail again with our favorite, Capt. T. The SJU arrival and depature comes into play as well. And of course if we were able to talk some friends (HINT HINT) into joining us on that date, well let's just say that those three things could seal the deal.

I need to see if I can get DH from SJU to GOT (Gotheburg, Sweden) on Dec. 3.

Can you guess where this is going?

• 2 weeks later...

Well ... it looks like no SD cruise for us this year:mad:

Good news is that I was able to get a GREAT deal on a Seabourn cruise that works into DH's schedule.

As much as I wanted to sail on SD I wasn't able to get the itineraries to work the way that I needed so we are sailing later than usual ... Dec. 9 to 16... and on a different line.

Still looking at SeaDream for 2007!

Archived